Job no: 492599
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Denver, CO
Categories: Admission / Financial Aid
The Enrollment Division at the University of Denver works to attract and enroll an optimal mix of qualified students that will enrich the composition of our learning community. The division, which consists of Undergraduate Admission, International Student Admission and Financial Aid, seeks to enroll students who will become leaders, scholars, artists, entrepreneurs, and public servants uniquely qualified to live in and shape a global society. Our vision is to serve with exceptional quality as we assist students making the transition to the University and ensuring their persistence to graduation. In our daily work, the enrollment team is guided by these values: excellence, innovation, engagement, integrity, inclusiveness, fair and consistent decision making, responsiveness, fiscal responsibility, open communication, collaboration, and professional development. Our enrollment goals, recruitment strategies and the admission and financial aid processes are designed to enroll a diverse, ethical and intellectually vibrant student body that can be successful at the University of Denver and go on to lead lives of meaning and purpose.
The Enrollment Division at the University of Denver has two openings for an Enrollment Specialist. The Enrollment Specialist performs a multitude of administrative and support functions requiring great accuracy and attention to detail. The Enrollment Specialist handles multiple tasks throughout the admission process for first time and transfer undergraduate students in addition to specialized programs on campus with a high volume of applications including monitoring application requirements, credit evaluation, ensuring accurate data entry in both Technolutions Slate (CRM) and Ellucian Banner (ERP) databases, communicating with prospective students and their families and problem solving. The Enrollment Specialist is frequently a student or family's first contact with the University, so exemplary customer service is required.
- Process electronic enrollment applications and documents to complete the admission process.
- Credit evaluations for admitted high school and transfer students from transcripts, AP and IB scores.
- Interacts with prospective students, their parents, their high school counselors and other University offices by phone, email and in person.
- Monitors the accuracy of applicant information to make sure it meets admission standards and university policy.
- Exemplary customer service.
- Research/troubleshooting issues related to student applications.
- Review and answer inquiries to the admission general email account and phone line when needed.
- Processes a multitude of data feeds into application database.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Familiarity with Microsoft Products including Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong attention to detail.
- High School diploma or GED.
- One year of office experience.
- One year of college.
- Experience in an admission or administrative office setting.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Monday, August 12, 2019.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
the hourly range for the position is $18.90 - $20.43.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.