HERS is a dynamic and independent non-profit dedicated to creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive community of women leaders through various strategies with a special focus in higher education. HERS alumnae include over 6,000 women faculty, staff, and administrators on approximately 1,400 campuses in the U.S., as well as women from institutions in Canada, South Africa, Uganda, Nigeria, and other nations.
HERS offices have been located on the University of Denver campus since 1983.
This role will support the marketing and recruitment of all HERS programs in duties ranging from prospect lead generation and follow-up, updating records in CRM, reporting and analytics, market research, content generation, and supporting the execution of target audience communications across all marketing channels (website, email, social, and digital advertising).
The Marketing Communications Coordinator will leverage our suite of technology tools to support the execution of marketing and recruitment goals, administrative project deliverables, and analytics of key performance indicators (KPIs).
The essential responsibilities of this role are divided into two categories:
1. Execution: Supporting program and partner recruitment through prospect lead generation, tracking, and follow-up across all marketing channels
2. Content Generation: Support the development of digital content generation across all marketing channels.
Marketing and Recruitment:
- Support program and partner recruitment through prospect lead generation, tracking, and follow-up.
- Support the prioritization, follow-up, and tracking of inquiries related to program recruitment through high-touch (and personalized) communication.
- Execute data cleaning projects, such as updating contact records, to maintain the accuracy of our CRM as directed by AD of
- Marketing and Recruiting.
- Manage website updates supporting program recruitment and optimization.
- Coordinate the targeting, scheduling, and automation of all social media & email campaigns.
- Support and eventually lead the management and measurement of our digital advertising strategy across Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, and affiliate partner channels.
- Benchmark performance progress and report on metrics that provide insights and analysis of marketing content, lead generation, and overall digital audience engagement.
- Research current and prospective partner institutions, and buyer or influencer contact leads.
- Identify & lead a variety of marketing innovation projects that make our outreach and recruitment leaner, smarter, and more effective.
Research and Content Generation:
- Support the development of digital content across all marketing channels.
- Research articles and relevant email newsletters to redistribute and reinforce the HERS mission and programming.
- Research competitor offerings and messaging to continuously improve our program positioning.
- Monitor and track alumnae community activities for recent promotions or noteworthy accomplishment to reshare through HERS marketing channels.
- Plan, draft, and schedule monthly messaging for social media and email.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Comfortable analyzing and making decisions with digital marketing performance data.
- Skilled communicator (oral and written), and strong story-telling skills with the ability to synthesize and simplify multiple program offerings through clear and digestible messaging.
- Eye for creativity & aptitude to rapidly learn new concepts and skills.
- Self-starter and voracious learner who is analytical, organized and able to guide strategic direction while managing cross-functional team relationships.
- A strong understanding of the Digital Marketing ecosystem.
- BA/BS degree in marketing or related field.
- 1-2 years of experience in higher education recruitment, student affairs, or marketing and communications.
- At least 1 year of experience working in a CRM (such as SalesForce or Hubspot)
- At least of 1 year of experience working with marketing automation tools to support mass email marketing (such as Marketo, Eloqua, Constant Contact, etc).
- At least 1 year of experience executing website updates using platforms like WordPress, Squarespace, Wix, etc.
- 2-3 years of marketing experience, including at least 1 year in digital media.
- 2 years of experience using a suite of key digital marketing platforms, including Facebook Business Manager, Google Adwords, Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, Adroll, etc.
- 1-2 years of experience working with Adobe InDesign, Wordpress, and Salesforces.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Monday, April 12th, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 7.
The salary range for this position is $46,000 - $51,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.