The Office of Graduate Education (OGE) strives to provide exceptional leadership and service in advocating for excellence and integrity in all graduate programs at the University of Denver. Dedicated to quality, innovation, engagement, integrity, and inclusion, the OGE maintains the highest standards in enrollment management and student Services, focused on providing an excellent experience from inquiry to alumni association.
Under the direction of the Senior Vice Provost for Research and Graduate Education and the Associate Provost for Graduate Education, OGE partners with deans, academic units, GSG and University governance on recruitment and retention, fellowships and financial aid, academic assessment, and program review to continually improve the quality of graduate education at DU.
In consultation with the Provost and Graduate Council, OGE is responsible for the authorship and oversight of graduate policy, upholding standards with fairness and respect to all. In all that we do, the OGE supports the University’s commitment to creating a diverse, ethical, and intellectually vibrant campus community.
Reporting to the Associate Provost for Graduate Education, the Associate Director of Graduate Enrollment CRM and Systems is responsible for the functional support of the Technolutions Slate CRM, ensuring the student systems operate efficiently and effectively by identifying, designing, and applying the most effective technologic and business practice solutions. The position applies demonstrated expertise and leadership to guide the departments and users of the supported systems to the most effective use of the systems to achieve the goals of each graduate academic unit and the strategic mission of the University of Denver. The goal of this position is to optimize the value derived from the use of the administrative and student systems. Full time telework/remote work schedule available as an option.
- As the functional expert of Slate at the graduate level, the Associate Director leads individual team projects and Slate working groups of up to 15 people, including scheduling, setting and executing the agenda, providing follow up notes and educating the campus Slate community of changes and updates to the systems. Leads the Slate user group, which includes over 25 users from across campus.
- The Associate Director confers with the Associate Provost for Graduate Education to analyze business practices, evaluate needs of the unit, and review and recommend software to improve efficiency and leverage functionality, ensuring high levels of performance in the graduate admissions process.
- Collaborates with departments to provide support in designing and maintaining application forms and enhancing existing applications. Defines system requirements and priorities and offers viable alternatives where necessary. Coordinates and manages the efforts of staff to locate, assess, install, test, and maintain systems. Organizes conversions and upgrades to vendor systems.
- Provides technical training, guidance, and resource support for end users, departmental staff, and the OGE team.
- Directs the OGE Slate team and functions as a project lead. Provides exceptional leadership and coordination on projects assigned to any contracted consultants and other OGE staff members.
- The position interfaces regularly with the Enrollment team in OGE to analyze business practices, evaluate needs of the unit, and review and recommend software to improve efficiency and leverage functionality.
- Works collaboratively with administrative offices and academic departments to define, develop and document office and inter-office policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with IT Systems Engineers, Database Administrators and other technical staff to maintain student systems, facilitate upgrades, and act as the liaison between the end-user and technical support group.
- Develops, plans, and participates in the testing of upgrades and new releases. Creates training plans and documentation to conduct training sessions related to student software systems and processes.
- Utilizes existing Slate CRM, including writing custom SQL, for queries, departmental reporting, business processes/integrations, and email campaigns.
- Maintains the Slate CRM data environment, including creating, improving and documenting data fields, rules, and uploads.
- Works with third-party vendors who offer additional online program options to setup/troubleshoot/enhance integrations and manage any data issues that may arise.
- Evaluate and either approve or deny Slate admissions access requests for new users.
- Attend and participate in OGE sponsored on/off campus events.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional analytical and decision-making skills.
- Ability to prioritize and delegate projects, multi-task, and to mentor and manage staff to do the same.
- Project management skills that include but are not limited to the following:
- Supervising others, fostering leadership amongst the team, cultivating staff development, personal organization, strong negotiation skills, ability to continually evaluate staff performance and deliver constructive feedback, problem solving skills, and organizational awareness to ensure goals and objectives are completed on time.
- Ability to analyze and engineer complex multifunction technical projects.
- Strong data analytics skills.
- High level of accuracy and organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to carry out needs assessment, system integration and design support and general change management support.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 6 years of work experience with system implementation, including working with faculty, staff, and/or customers to establish and achieve desired outcomes.
- Expert Slate user.
- Knowledge of SQL.
- Supervisory or management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, or a related field of study.
- Graduate degree.
- Five or more years in admissions experience.
- Ability to write complex queries in SQL.
- Experience with Ellucian (SunGard) Banner/Admissions module.
- Experience in programming or web development.
- Experience leading teams in a service-orientated work environment.
- Experience working and leading teams in admissions/enrollment units in higher education.
- Experience in ETL management, process and technology.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Full time telework/remote work schedule available as an option.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Friday, July 16th, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 11.
The salary range for this position is $68,000 - $80,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.