Associate or Full Professor, Environmental Sustainability - Josef Korbel School of International Studies
Job no: 493999
Work type: Faculty Full-Time
Location: Denver, CO
We seek a scholar, trained in any relevant discipline or interdisciplinary program, with a prominent research profile in environmental sustainability, broadly understood. The appointment will be at the Associate or Full Professor rank, with tenure. The successful candidate will contribute to teaching in our undergraduate, certificate and MA programs in sustainability and have the opportunity to play a leading role in developing our emerging Sustainability Initiative, including fundraising, enhancing our research programming, and engaging with communities outside the university.
The Korbel School is a leader in international studies education and scholarship, serving a large undergraduate major, several MA degree programs, and a PhD program. We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive educational environment and particularly seek candidates with research, teaching, service, or life experiences that can contribute to realizing that commitment. We also encourage applications from candidates with non-traditional career paths and from international applicants.
- PhD or equivalent terminal degree in a relevant discipline or interdisciplinary program.
- A record of scholarly achievement appropriate for a tenured appointment at the Associate or Full Professor level at the Josef Korbel School of International Studies.
- Experience in obtaining sponsored research funding.
- Ability to teach and conduct research in areas that are central to current debates in climate change, environmental sustainability more broadly, and the social, political, economic, or behavioral responses to those issues.
- Experience in seeking programmatic support from donors.
- Experience in successfully coordinating the efforts of staff and faculty for larger programs of research or outreach.
- Experience in engaging with local communities, policy-making bodies, or research, advisory or industrial institutions outside the university to further environmental sustainability.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by September 15, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Questions can be directed to the Committee Chair, Professor Jack Donnelly (Jack.Donnelly@du.edu).
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is UC.
The salary range for this position is $90,000 - $140,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
- Three Writing Samples
- One Course Syllabus
- Research Statement
- Teaching Statement
- No more than a two page Diversity Statement explaining as a faculty member, how the applicant would contribute to values and practices embracing diversity, equity, and inclusivity.
- Names and contact information of three references.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.