The University is located in Denver, Colorado, a city known for its dynamic blend of business, innovation and world-class recreation. Denver is consistently ranked by Forbes and Kiplinger's Magazine as one of the top cities for young professionals and recent college graduates. The University of Denver is a private institution founded in 1864. It serves a population of more than 5,200 undergraduate and 6,200 graduate students as a research-intensive institution. The beautiful campus is located approximately seven miles from downtown with easy access to public transportation.
With a long tradition of excellence and innovation, the Daniels College of Business prepares students to succeed in a dynamic, changing world. We are a high-achieving community of students, staff and faculty that inspires one another to think in new ways, perform at higher levels, and transform organizations and communities. Daniels is ranked among the top business schools and is the only business school in Colorado to receive rankings and recognition from BusinessWeek, the Financial Times, U.S. News & World Report and Forbes. The Daniels College of Business (DCB) offers a variety of baccalaureate, graduate, PhD and certificate programs which are detailed at https://daniels.du.edu/
The Daniels College of Business at the University of Denver seeks applications for a Program Director for the Executive MBA Program. This position aims to create a seamless and excellent experience for the approximately 60 graduate students in the Daniels College of Business Executive MBA program. The Program Director participates in program and curriculum development, exploring new modes of delivery, engaging in student experience management and together actively seek partnerships within, and outside of the College and University. Extensive faculty and student interface is required. The Program Director and its direct report are the points of contact for all students in the Program, and provide continuity throughout the prospect, student and alumni experience. The Program Director is fully responsible for achieving program goals.
- Identify, write and execute on the strategic plan for the program, including SMART goals, which indicate performance.
- Performs customer segmentation, identifies the value proposition, communication channels, and desired partnerships.
- Identifies students and alumni from corporations of interest, to build a more proactive and sustainable source of enrollments.
- Develops a cross-selling protocol which serves to build inquiry/applicant/student interest in MBA degree programs, while promoting Executive Education programs to alumni and students seeking for-credit opportunities.
- Explores and implements when appropriate, new program delivery ideas because of feedback from current students and alumni.
- Engages in strategic events-planning, leads and participates in key events and functions.
- Solicits and maintains lists of ambassadors, segmented by industry, career goals and personal attributes to connect ambassadors with prospective students during the recruiting process.
- Together with direct report, actively communicates with our student/alumni population for program referrals.
- Reviews and analyzes weekly enrollment reports.
- Develops scholarship strategy for the program and is responsible for awarding aid within established budgets. Is aware of external market trends as they pertain to revenue goals.
- Development and delivery of student onboarding and orientation into the program providing a seamless hand-off from admissions manager.
- Provide support to students and faculty throughout the program as needed.
- Deliver relevant streams of communications to the student cohorts including the calendar of courses, deadlines, and other announcements as relevant.
- Assist the Assistant Dean to develop an MBA Advisory Board.
- Identify and implement improvements to enhance student satisfaction and/or faculty satisfaction with the program.
- Work with direct report to assure appropriate staffing/scheduling of courses, orientation of faculty, and assessment and modification of courses.
- Proactively monitor student progress, identify students who may be at risk, implement strategies to identify opportunities to develop, measure and help improve academic success.
- Assist direct report as needed with scheduling, supervising class selections and adjusting enrollments by section where needed.
- Manage course evaluation reminders to faculty and students as well as analysis and reporting of completed evaluation data to Assistant Dean.
- Track cohort counts each quarter and oversee registration.
- Plan and oversee leadership experience for students, including participation with the event.
- Resolve questions/concerns from students regarding their experiences.
- Oversee and provide academic advising to students.
- Process academic change requests including: Leave of Absence (LOA), withdraw, or other program change requests.
- Responsible for continual improvement in student retention.
- Be accessible and integrated into the student experience by attending and supporting student events/activities.
- Meet with students at their request to help students identify and achieve their educational and career goals.
- Advise Assistant Dean on decisions about issues of academic probation, academic dismissal, readmission and other procedural issues.
- Contribute toward Daniels strategic inclusive excellence plan and support diversity, equity and inclusion recruitment and enrollment initiatives.
- Maintains contact with alumni, engaging in regular communication with them to foster continued engagement with Daniels in a variety of ways.
- Tracks program referrals and oversees annual outreach for Stay-in-Touch campaign to alumni via the appropriate technology, keeping alumni rosters up-to-date.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Extremely accurate, detail-oriented, confidential, impartial, and objective.
- Excellent critical and analytical thinking skills.
- Excellent systems thinking and problem-solving skills, along with detailed follow-through.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient report writing, using evidence to support conclusions.
- Ability to organize priorities and projects.
- Strong time management and constructive problem-solving skills.
- Ability to problem solve and multitask using discretion and independent judgment.
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change and ambiguity.
- Ability to make sound and appropriate decisions under tight timelines.
- Self-awareness and willingness to learn and improve including effective and efficient cross- training and collaboration with colleagues as needed.
- Skilled at connecting and building rapport with students, faculty, and external stakeholders.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with internal and external partners.
- Creative, innovative and ability to work independently and within a team with a high level of professionalism.
- Ability to work well across department, college and university functions within a team environment. Leverages and adopts a culture of collaboration between multiple units at Daniels and the University as a whole.
- Proficient in MS Office/systems (MS Word, Excel, Power Point; Visio and Project are a plus), Slate, Banner, Salesforce, Zoom, Office 365, Teams, Google Drive (used by 2U) and various learning management systems.
- Master's degree in business or related field.
- 5 years of experience in a management role.
- Experience cultivating and maintaining meaningful relationships with prospects, students, alumni, and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to close sales.
- Proven track record of excellent persuasive communication.
- Previous experience working in an academic setting.
- Experience leading teams responsible for meeting deadlines and performance goals.
- Experience managing university academic programs.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Monday, August 9, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 12.
The salary range for this position is $85,000 - $95,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.