The Executive MBA Program at Daniels College of Business at the University of Denver is looking to hire Skippers, Team Sail EMBA Leads, and a Safety Support Captain for the 2021-2022 academic year to lead an EMBA Sailing Trip in October 2021 and May 2022 in San Diego, California.
Essential Functions and Required Qualifications:
- Must hold at least a 50-ton USCG Master Mariners License with a sail endorsement
- Must be available for Zoom conference introductions and orientation and one full day of on-site training and preparation.
- This is followed by four 15-hour days of 4 hours onshore classroom sessions then 7 hours on the water and required dinners. Skippers captain 30’ sailboats in San Diego Bay with a crew of beginner sailors/EMBA students.
Team Sail EMBA Lead –
- Recruit and vet Skippers for participating boats.
- Be available for Zoom planning meetings, introductions and orientation and two full days of onsite training and preparation.
- The trip includes four 15-hour days including 4 hours onshore classroom sessions then 7 hours on the water and required dinners and participation in evening activities.
Drills, Safety Support Committee Boat Captain -
- Must have excellent small boat handling skills plus sailboat race committee boat experience and first aid training.
- Must be available for 2 full days to organize race gear, boat, races and crew to support a fleet of 5-10 30’ sailboats related to safety issues of people and boats plus frequently organize and set buoys for drills and race courses plus be on call for any needs of the fleet or its members.
- When complete you must clean, rinse and dry all race gear and return it.
- Boat Safety Certificate is required.
All participants are required to follow University of Denver’s Covid Protocols. Please refer to https://www.du.edu/coronavirus for further details. While Skippers may not be participating in on Campus activities, they are considered employees of DU during the sailing trip, interacting closely with DU students and being covered by DU insurance and most follow protocols. Please note, protocols change, it is important that DU employees keep up to date on required protocols.
Each position will be compensated per trip as follows:
- Skippers - $2,400
- Team Sail EMBA Leads - $7,500
- Safety Support Committee Boat Captain - $800
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers some benefits for non-benefited employees. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by September 15, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Resume or CV
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.