The Enrollment Division at the University of Denver works to attract and enroll an optimal mix of qualified students that will enrich the composition of our learning community. The division, which consists of Undergraduate Admission, International Student Admission and Financial Aid, seeks to enroll students who will become leaders, scholars, artists, entrepreneurs, and public servants uniquely qualified to live in and shape a global society. Our vision is to serve with exceptional quality as we assist students making the transition to the University and ensuring their persistence to graduation. In our daily work, the enrollment team is guided by these values: excellence, innovation, engagement, integrity, inclusiveness, fair and consistent decision making, responsiveness, fiscal responsibility, open communication, collaboration, and professional development. Our enrollment goals, recruitment strategies and the admission and financial aid processes are designed to enroll a diverse, ethical and intellectually vibrant student body that can be successful at the University of Denver and go on to lead lives of meaning and purpose. Equally important, by striving to embed considerations of inclusion and college access into every element of our recruitment and enrollment process, we support the DU vision to achieve a transformative campus culture and climate as identified in the DU Impact 2025 strategic plan.
The Diversity Program Coordinator is responsible in assisting the Diversity & Access Team in building strong relationships with students, parents, school counselors & community-based organizations. The position reports to the Director of Diversity Enrollment and Community Partnerships, and we seek candidates who will bring experience, skill, and passion to specifically serve on our Diversity & Access Team. The Diversity & Access Team supports the mission and goals of the Enrollment Division by striving to achieve a critical mass of academically talented and culturally dynamic students who are traditionally underrepresented on college campuses and more specifically, at the University of Denver. Along with the entire Enrollment Division, the Diversity and Access Team shares responsibility to attract excellent students by being sensitive to, and understanding, the diverse academic, socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds of students. Through leadership, coordination, and customer service, this position will communicate with first-generation and/or underrepresented students, parents, guardians, counselors, 30+ Partnership groups, and other internal and external stakeholders. This position will also coordinate high school visits, college fairs, and other college access events including, but not limited to, our Summer College Access program(s) for Pioneer Prep Leadership Institute, and ensuring that all touchpoints with students and stakeholders are delivered with exceptional quality service.
This is a non-benefited position not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
Customer Service & Hospitality
- Provide direction and clarification on admission related topics including, but not limited to, the application process, campus visit opportunities, financial aid application process, access and transition programs, etc.
- Ensure all touchpoints with students, parents, partners, etc. are delivered with exceptional quality service.
- Maintain and manage relationships with internal colleagues and external partners.
- Respond to letters, emails, phone calls, as a professional, enthusiastic, & ethical member of DU and in a timely manner.
Diversity Program Coordination
- Assist with various aspects of a complex, visit experience for historically underserved and underrepresented groups.
- Provide comprehensive communication with visitors before and after visit.
- Manage registration and scheduling of external events requesting such as high school visits, college fairs, workshops, appointments, etc.
Diversity & Access Team
- Fulfill additional responsibilities dependent upon the organic needs of the Diversity & Access Team.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent written, verbal and speaking skills.
- Highly organized.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Desire to be a member of a team focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion, with the understanding and appreciation for cultural differences that impact the student experience
- Communicate effectively with diverse audiences
- Contribute to the Diversity and Access Team with innovation, critical engagement, accountability, a lens for inclusion, and a collaborative spirit.
- Provide our key constituents with exceptional quality service. Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience working in higher education and/or with high school students.
- Knowledge and experience with the University of Denver.
- Proficiency or fluency in more than one language.
- Ability to quickly learn new administrative software platforms.
- Ability to work well with a team as well as work independently.
- Ability to manage sensitive confidential material in a professional manner.
- Expertise with Microsoft software (Teams, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Standard office environment
- Unexpected interruptions occur often, and stress level can be moderate
- Noise level is quiet to moderate
The hourly range for this position is $$16.50-$18.00.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers some benefits for non-benefited employees. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
This position will remain open until filled, preference will be given to early applicants.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.