Job no: 494289
Work type: Staff Part-Time
Location: Denver, CO
The Newman Center for the Performing Arts at the University of Denver is currently seeking part-time Box Office Ticket Agents to assist with the execution of events at the Newman Center.
Box Office Ticket Agents are responsible for assisting with box office operations at the Newman Center.
These are non-benefited, part-time positions not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Provide excellent customer service for all Newman Center participants and patrons.
- Recognize and respond effectively to a variety of workplace issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment.
- Able to work both individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to work at a computer for extended periods.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience in customer service or retail.
- Prior experience with a point-of-sale software.
- Basic math and filing skills.
- Experience in ticketing or box office.
- Ticketing system experience.
Part-time, hours will vary. Must be available to work nights and weekends.
For best consideration, please apply by September 7, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The hourly range for this position is $15.00-$18.00
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers some benefits for non-benefited employees. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.