Executive MBA Adjuncts - Fall 2021-Spring 2022
Job no: 494311
Work type: Adjunct Faculty
Location: Denver, CO
The Executive MBA (EMBA) at Daniels College of Business at the University of Denver is looking to hire adjunct instructors for the 2021-2022 academic year to teach a variety of graduate courses, such as Accounting, Financial Reporting, Financial Analysis, Strategic Finance, and Global Business as well as numerous other special-topics courses. We seek adjunct instructors who will commit to and advance our mission and commitment to inclusive excellence.
EMBA courses are taught in five-week blocks on Fridays and/or Saturdays and consist of 5 total class days.
- EMBA adjunct faculty are required to teach in person once a week on alternating Fridays and Saturdays from either 8:00am-12:00pm or 1:00pm-5:00pm;
- Design a new or adapt a new course - this includes syllabus, learning outcomes, support materials, and a course calendar;
- Create and Maintain LSM/Course Canvas Container;
- Meet with students as needed;
- Assign papers, exams and other deliverables as appropriate;
- Grade in a timely manner;
- Attend EMBA Faculty Meetings;
- Participate in recruiting and informational events as needed.
- Master’s Degree
- Previous teaching experience
- Ability to facilitate debate and discussion with experienced adults at the university level
- Teaching experience at university level
This position is compensated at a rate of $637.50 per 4-hour class session.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers some benefits for non-benefited employees. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis throughout the academic 2021-2022 year.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Please include the following documents with your application:
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.