Visiting Teaching Assistant Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering
Job no: 494319
Work type: Faculty Full-Time
Location: Denver, CO
The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Denver is committed to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment. We invite applications for one full-time non-tenure track Visiting Teaching Assistant Professor for the 2021-2022 academic year beginning January 1, 2022. The appointment will be made for a six-month position only.
The individual will be responsible for teaching introductory, higher level undergraduate, and possibly graduate level electrical and computer engineering courses. Duties include teaching four courses in quarter-based system for six months and participating in department and university service. This position does not require research. The successful applicant will have a passion for teaching and a demonstrated ability to effectively teach undergraduate Electrical and Computer Engineering courses.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A passion for teaching and a demonstrated ability to teach undergraduate Electrical and Computer Engineering courses with above-average student evaluations.
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, or related disciplines is required by time of appointment.
- Demonstrated ability to teach undergraduate courses.
- Two or more years of previous experience teaching undergraduate courses
- And Experience in teaching classes in the field of Computer Engineering: microprocessors, embedded systems design, MatLab, Intro to DSP, Principles of Communications, Capstone or Senior Design.
- Or Experience in teaching classes in the field of Electrical Engineering: MatLab, Intro to Power Electronics, Instrumentation and Data Acquisition, Mechatronics, Advance Electronics, Capstone or Senior Design.
Applications will continue to be reviewed until the position is filled.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is UC.
The salary range for this position is $43,300 - $50,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Curriculum vitae indicating teaching experience
- 2 page teaching statement
- 1 page statement that speaks to your commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in your teaching.
- Names and contact information of three references.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.