Parking Customer Service Representative
Job no: 494455
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Denver, CO
Categories: Parking Services, Business Operations / Services, Admin / Executive / Office Support
The Department of Facilities Management supports the mission of the University of Denver's physical resources in order to provide a healthy and safe educational environment for campus community through services of the departments of Capital Projects and Planning, Facilities Management, Parking & Mobility Services, Auxiliaries & Real Estate, and Business & Operations.
This position performs a wide variety of front-line customer service to the University community and external clients. Works in the public eye answering questions, giving directions, fulfilling permit requests, and performing other such duties as is consistent with customer service. Will also aid in the coordination of special event parking and liaison between customers, enforcement, and campus safety. Responsible for the management, adjudication, and timely response to customers appealing parking citations. May assist in training new office or field personnel.
- Performs a wide variety of front-line customer service to the University community and external clients.
- Greets and provides information and materials to faculty, staff, students, and guests of the University.
- Completes customers request for services such as selling a wide variety of parking permits, paying parking citations and appealing parking citations.
- Fosters positive working relationships with faculty, staff, students, and University guests.
- Performs daily activity of the office operation including but not limited to: answering multiple phone lines, performing a wide variety of data entry (i.e., customer permit purchases, citations issued by Officers, and citation payments), responding to customer account inquiries, typing routine correspondence, processing mail, duplicating, collating and distributing department material, and making recommendations on purchases to ensure office supplies and equipment service requests are made.
- May train other office or field personnel on duties and skills associated with customer service.
- Act as an intermediary with the public.
- Must be able to address customers complaints in a professional manner while taking the necessary customer service action.
- Resolve billing disputes and keep track of accounts that are overdue and attempt to collect payment.
- Record all transactions in Power Park FLEX and ensure accuracy of billings.
- Post transactions in a financial database and reconcile computer reports with operating reports from FLEX.
- Prepares, compiles, sorts, files and maintains confidential customer files (paper and electronic).
- Documents the quantity and quality of services provided to customers and maintain the spreadsheet that records the statistics.
- Receives, adjudicates, and responds to customer citation appeals.
- Works closely with the coworkers to monitor and improve upon daily office operations, includes the implementation of new technologies and operational techniques to ensure consistency and efficient office business practices.
- May work in coordination with the Parking Manager of Customer Service to ensure accuracy of the master parking calendar and performs Special Events duties in the absence of the primary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively before groups of customers, students or employees for the organization.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment that requires individual thought and initiative.
- Capable of facilitating the interactions and diverse needs of a complex organization.
- Ability to maintain professional standards of conduct during stressful and often emotional situations.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Superior customer service skills a must.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- High School diploma.
- 2 years in a customer service/billing position and/or scheduling features.
- Valid Colorado Driver's License and insurable by the University of Denver's insurance carrier.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 2-5 years of parking experience including parking management software and ecommerce.
- Proficient knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of University parking operations, knowledge of T2 PowerPark Flex, knowledge in BANNER university software.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on October 28, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 4.
The hourly rate for the position is $16.00.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.