The University of Denver has the distinction of being the oldest independent university in the Rocky Mountain region, with a tradition of 150 years of academic excellence. The University of Denver’s college of professional and continuing studies, University College, is a leader in adult education, providing fully accredited and affordable educational experiences specifically designed for busy adults.
The Academic Data and Quality Specialist is part of a team that plays a central role in advancing University College’s mission to provide rigorous and engaging learning experiences. The successful candidate will provide data analysis and strategic insight for adjunct faculty support and development, course optimization, and quality assurance in course delivery. They will also provide support and quality assurance with regard to the College’s academic courses and programs, with a special focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). A large component of this position will be to leverage existing tracking tools and data workflows and support the operationalizing of new ones. The Academic Data and Quality Specialist will engage in duties related to academic program support, instructor performance and activity, and resource planning. This position reports to the Associate Director of Academic Quality and Data and works closely with the Associate Dean for Academic Operations and Affairs and the Learning Experience Design (LX) Team. University College is seeking a team member who is conscientious, driven, and highly detail-oriented, as well as someone who can connect the daily tasks of this job with the larger mission of University College.
Applicants should strive to exemplify our values: Honor the individual, champion learning, transform lives, work together, and pursue excellence. The University of Denver deeply values diversity, equity, and inclusion (to learn more about diversity, equity, and inclusion at the University of Denver, please visit http://www.du.edu/cme/resources/inclusive-excellence.html). University College builds an educational community that embodies values of inclusivity and diversity. We embrace a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion by fostering a welcoming environment for our diverse students, staff, and faculty to learn and grow. We embed these values in our program, lifeline learning opportunities and varied curricular offerings.
Learning Experience Design Team Support
- Manage daily updates for, and continue to improve, tracking tools for instructor engagement and performance
- Assist with, and process data for, course reviews and quality control processes
- Operationalize surveys and analyze data for Teaching Excellence Program and other initiatives
- Gather and streamline data to inform course design and redesign choices
- Support University College DEI and accessibility efforts within course offerings toward promoting equity in the student experience
Academic Operations Support
- Provide data and information for scheduling and quarterly planning purposes
- Integrate, operationalize, and utilize Canvas tools and third-party plug-ins (internal and external) to build consistency across course delivery
- Assist with further automation of manual processes and updates to courses and systems as related to course design, curriculum tracking, and course containers
- Assist with FreshDesk ticketing system support and tracking
Academic Director Support
- Analyze data to inform director strategy for course redesign and development at the concentration, credential, and program level
- Compile course related feedback to inform policies and procedures to ensure academic rigor in our courses
- Assist directors with data collection and survey development for program initiatives
Support for Enrollment Management, Student Services, and other teams
- Manage daily enrollment and funnel data updates via reporting tools and dashboards
- Function as a liaison for University College teams to aggregate data related to student experience feedback
- Work with different teams across University College to implement forward-facing data solutions as needed
Process and Workflow Adoption
- Communicate with stakeholders for buy-in and engagement of data processes, systems, and tools
- Facilitate training to increase utilization and adoption for new processes, systems, and tools
- Assist with the integration of tools and systems using change management principles
- Assist with transition plans for new versioning and upgrades of data systems and tools
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Data and project management skills
- Ability to effectively visualize and present data to deliver insights to a range of different audiences
- Ability to synthesize data and information into systematic solutions for increased efficiency
- Knowledge of learning management systems, preferably Canvas, and online course delivery
- Experience designing surveys and streamlining data collection in Qualtrics or similar survey software
- Strong organizational and/or project management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including strong proofreading skills
- Ability to work independently and in groups
- Strong desire for continuous learning
- Able to adapt priorities and focus
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of relevant professional experience
- Experience analyzing existing written materials for rigor and quality
- Experience working within a quality control process
- Experience working with analytics tools (STATA, Tableau or similar software) and data repositories (like SQL, Microsoft Access)
- Experience in development and deployment of a quality control process
- Advanced degree in area of higher education, educational technology, instructional technology and/or instructional design
- Experience within higher education
- Knowledge of and experience with adult learners
- Knowledge of the Canvas learning management system, including API and LTI Canvas integrations
- Experience working with an Enterprise Resource Planning software, such as Ellucian Banner
- Experience using Python (or similar programing language) to collect and manipulate data
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) June 7, 2022.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number:
The salary grade for the position is 10.
The salary range for this position is $60,000-$65,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer. The University of Denver prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age (40 years and over in the employment context), religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, veterans status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance in any of the university's educational programs and activities, and in the employment (including application for employment) and admissions (including application for admission) context, as required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended in 2008; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967; and any other federal, state, and local laws, regulations, or ordinances that prohibit discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation. For the university's complete Non-Discrimination Statement, please see non‑discrimination‑statement.
All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.