Student Affairs & Inclusive Excellence (SAIE) is the central student affairs division of the University of Denver.
SAIE supports students in their holistic development through advocacy, collaboration, and education, and we strive to be full partners in students’ learning experience. SAIE values student centricity; diversity, equity, and inclusion; collaboration; adaptability; and accountability. The Division’s strategic priorities are:
- Enrich the holistic student experience
- Elevate & Embed diversity, equity & inclusion
- Engage purposeful partnerships
- Enhance staff development, learning & wellbeing
- Enact sustainable practices & operations
SAIE includes Housing and Residential Education; Student Engagement; Fraternity and Sorority Life; Health and Counseling Center; Inclusion & Equity Education; Disability Services Program; The Cultural Center; Access & Transitions; Learning Effectiveness Program; Veterans and Military Resources; Student Outreach and Support; Student Rights & Responsibilities; Budget, Operations, and Division Resources; New Student Programs; Parent & Family Engagement; and Community and Driscoll Commons.
The mission of The Cultural Center (TCC) is to create an environment where students of color, and LGBTQ+ students can critically engage their historical legacies and enhance their educational, intellectual, and personal/professional interest in race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, socioeconomic, and cultural sensibilities. TCC provides a haven for respite and dialogue for students as they navigate their journey at the University of Denver.
- Increase the presence, participation, and support of historically underrepresented student populations within the institution as well as their retention, success, and sense of belonging
- Provide a community that facilitates success in leadership, scholarship, service, and advocacy through advising, empowerment, cultural enrichment, educational programming, and social development
- Engage members of the University of Denver community, in collaboration with community partners, in the work of inclusivity and diversity toward service to the public good
This temporary position serves to provide administrative support, program development, and student staff supervision to the Cultural Center. The position reports to the Interim Director of The Cultural Center (TCC).
This is a non-benefitted position- not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
This is a temporary role that will end when Director of TCC is hired.
Co-curricular Program Management:
- Collaboratively develop and implement community events/workshops, retreats and speakers, and student development opportunities for the Excelling Leaders Institute (ELI), Outdoor Leadership Program (OLP), and student affinity groups.
- Assist with general student of color and LGBTQ+ student support.
- Assist with assessment and data collection on the programs and students TCC serves.
- Assist with signature event programming (Multicultural Reception, Lounge reception, etc.) as needed.
- Assist with P-Card Package Submission for TCC purchases.
- Communicate with university and outside vendors and organizations as necessary for programming.
- On-board and supervise 10 - 15 student workers.
- Coordinate calendar and social media posts for TCC programming.
- Submit space reservation requests through 25Live for various departmental programs, events and meetings.
- Document student notes in banner system
- This position requires interaction with a number of departments and committees throughout the University. It will include collaboration with Access and Transitions, Inclusion and Equity Education and the Division of Equity and Inclusion colleagues to accomplish overall vision and goals of TCC.
- Coordinate with relevant academic and non-academic departments as necessary to further TCC mission.
- In partnership with supervisor, determine additional duties including university, divisional, and area committees.
- In consultation with the Director, other duties as assigned to support the work of TCC, the DOS area, the SAIE Division, and University.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with internal and external constituents in a collegial, confidential, responsive manner via phone, email, face-to-face meetings, and video conferencing
- Ability to problem solve in a changing environment
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills
- Self-starter with ability to coordinate several tasks simultaneously with attention to detail
- Knowledge of and ability to apply professional ethical standards, current laws, and regulations applicable to students
- Ability to stay current on the variety and trends of digital platforms, cloud-based utilities, and social media
- Familiarity with web-based data management and current office practices and procedures
- Capacity to be flexible and creative in a dynamic and fun environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in both Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and Outlook), Zoom, and Qualtrics, Banner, Slate, Concur, Qualtrics, 25 Live, Crimson Connect would be a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 years of relevant administrative and customer service experience
- Demonstrative commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Experience maintaining detailed and confidential records
- At least one year of academic/higher education experience
- Experience with digital communication
- Knowledge of student development and culture change theories
- Experience working with first-generation, marginalized, and other
- underrepresented college students
- Experience with college multicultural centers programs
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) September 2, 2022.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The hourly range for this position is $22.00-$25.00
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer. The University of Denver prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age (40 years and over in the employment context), religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, veterans status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance in any of the university's educational programs and activities, and in the employment (including application for employment) and admissions (including application for admission) context, as required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended in 2008; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967; and any other federal, state, and local laws, regulations, or ordinances that prohibit discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation. For the university's complete Non-Discrimination Statement, please see non‑discrimination‑statement.
All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.