Master of Library and Information Science Online Adjunct Faculty
Job no: 496353
Work type: Adjunct Faculty
Location: Denver, CO
Categories: Library Professionals, Faculty
The Morgridge College of Education is looking to hire adjunct instructors for the 2023-2024 academic year to teach a variety of graduate courses in the Master of Library and Information Science online program (MLIS@Denver). Courses may vary. More information about the courses can be found on the Registrar’s Office schedule of classes at https://www.du.edu/registrar/course/scheduleofclasses.html. This posting will serve for multiple openings throughout the 2023-2024 academic year.
- Facilitate live, 75-minute (for three-credit classes) or 90-minute (for four-credit classes) class meetings via the Zoom platform once a week;
- Regularly monitor and provide feedback on student asynchronous work, as needed, via the 2DU platform;
- Meet with students as needed to support their success;
- Provide assignment feedback and grades to students in a timely manner;
- Participate in program outcome and student concern/disciplinary activities as needed;
- Participate in meetings with the assigned Course Lead and/or Program Director as needed
- Master’s Degree in relevant content area (e.g., Library & Information Science or equivalent from an ALA-accredited program)
- Professional-level position in a library, archive, museum, or other information services setting within the last 3 years
- Teaching experience at the graduate level in the online environment
- Teaching experience at the graduate level in the 2U online learning environment
Applications are currently being accepted and reviewed for the 2023-2024 academic year. Please submit your interest no later than August 1st , 2023 to be considered for the Fall 2023 term.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The course rate for this position is $750 per credit hour taught.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers some benefits for non-benefited employees. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
The University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer. The University of Denver prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age (40 years and over in the employment context), religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, veterans status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance in any of the university’s educational programs and activities, and in the employment (including application for employment) and admissions (including application for admission) context, as required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended in 2008; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967; and any other federal, state, and local laws, regulations, or ordinances that prohibit discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation. For the university’s complete Non-Discrimination Statement, please see https://www.du.edu/equalopportunity/non-discrimination-statement.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.