Assistant Professor, Organic Chemistry
Job no: 492634
Work type: Faculty Full-Time
Location: Denver, CO
The University of Denver is a medium-size (12,000 students) private university located in a thriving metropolis at the base of the Rocky Mountains. The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry BA, BS, MS, and PhD research programs focus on biochemistry/biophysics, organic synthesis, and environmental analytical chemistry.
The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry in the Division of Natural Sciences and Mathematics at the University of Denver invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in organic chemistry beginning September 2020.
- The candidate is expected to establish and maintain an extramurally-funded research program.
- Teaching expectations include undergraduate and graduate courses with a focus in organic chemistry.
- Ph.D. in chemistry or a related area.
- Postdoctoral experience.
- Demonstrated potential for leadership in their field, including a record of high-impact research accomplishments.
- Research interests in applications of organic chemistry are preferred, such as bioorganic, polymers, sensing, or the environment.
- We are especially interested in applicants who have a demonstrated commitment to or experience incorporating inclusive teaching methods and/or pedagogies to effectively engage broadly diverse student populations.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on November 1, 2019.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
- One page statement of teaching philosophy
- Five page summary of research interests
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.