Program Coordinator, Pioneer Leadership Program
Job no: 492642
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Denver, CO
Categories: Admin / Executive / Office Support, Student Affairs / Services, Academic Administration
The Pioneer Leadership Program (PLP) has been developing the leadership skills of some of the University of Denvers most talented undergraduate students since 1995. PLP is a unique academic minor and Living and Learning Community at the University of Denver.
The University of Denver’s Learning Communities and Civic Engagement (LCCE) Department has an opening for a full-time position of Program Coordinator for the Pioneer Leadership Program (PLP). PLP is an undergraduate Living and Learning Community (LLC) in the first year and leads to a 24-credit minor in Leadership Studies spanning the four-year undergraduate experience. This position coordinates and manages the co-curricular programming, budgets and administrative activities related to PLP.
- Co-curricular program management: Manage the development, planning, coordination, and implementation of student programs and events, orientation, leadership retreats and speakers; explore and implement innovative leadership development programming and tracking of over 300 students; supervise the student scholars board; act as a resource to students during traditional office hours; coordinate logistics for all courses within the LDRS branch of study.
- PLP Student Experience: Develop and lead high-impact programming to enhance the PLP student experience, contributing to their success and persistence; conduct continuous improvement through various feedback channels with students, faculty and staff; cultivate meaningful connections with students that foster program engagement; act as direct liaison with the office of Housing and Residential Education to support overall function of first-year living and learning community, including feedback for selection of RA’s; assist in recruitment, selection and matriculation processes.
- PLP Office Management: Develop and maintain tracking systems for course enrollment, minors, digital records, scholarships, and current student contact information; assist in cultivation of internship opportunities and oversight of registration, evaluation and tracking process; provide assistance for class scheduling, book orders, onboarding of adjuncts and course related assistance; administration of PLP budget, purchase orders, direct pays, timesheets, purchasing cards and contract routing; maintain internet presence for the program through website, blogs, and social media.
- Team Contribution: Collaborate with co-workers to accomplish overall vision and goals of the LCCE department, and build sustainable, effective relationships with other relevant University departments.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Office management skills such as familiarity with MS Word and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to learn applicable software and social media platforms
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with detail orientation
- Demonstrated commitment to inclusive excellence and diversity
- Demonstrated appreciation for leadership education and undergraduate student development
- Adept at event planning, collaboration and problem-solving, working within a budget and multi-tasking
- Team Player: ability to work collaboratively with students, alumni, families, staff, faculty, department staff, and community members
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1 year Administrative Experience, preferably in Higher Education
- Masters Degree in related field to leadership development or student personnel
- 2 years of interaction and programming with undergraduate students
M-F 8-4:30 with some time outside normal hours expected
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on September 13, 2019
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.