Campus Life and Inclusive Excellence (CLIE) is the student affairs division of the University of Denver. CLIE includes Housing and Residential Education, Academic Resources, Student Engagement, Health and Counseling, and Culture, Access and Transitions.
We are committed to providing students with the support and skills needed to become empowered citizens that positively impact the communities they are a part of, now, and in the future. We do so by challenging student to:
- Reflect on their values and identities;
- Recognize their strengths and acknowledge areas for further growth;
- Understand the importance of needing support and seeking it;
- Cultivate their passions; and
- Foster the public good
The Learning Effectiveness Program (LEP) is a nationally recognized fee-for-service program that provides individualized academic support for University of Denver students with learning disabilities, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), on the autism spectrum or with a history of learning differences. The mission of the LEP is two-fold; to support and serve students and to serve as a resource to the DU community. The LEP works with the greater University to expand the definition of Inclusive Excellence to include diverse learners.
The LEP Enrollment and Office Manager is responsible for the enrollment process of LEP including coordination, planning, and implementing of prospective student visits, maintaining the online application process and acceptance of the application as well as the contract, maintaining accurate and up to date files and billing in partnership with the departmental leadership and budget officer. This position maintains counselor caseloads lists, attends campus events including the resource fair during Discoveries Orientation, admissions student visit days, and other events that market the LEP. This position manages the logistics of LEP, such as ordering supplies, reserving space, on-boarding new staff, managing the website, etc. The position oversees, supervises, and evaluates the front desk operations including staffing responsibilities for front desk coverage Monday thru Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. This is a full time (37.5 hrs. a week) non-exempt hourly position with benefits.
- Meet quarterly with representatives from the Office of Admissions and Office of International Admissions to streamline communication with the University enrollment process and policies and the LEP admission policies
- Coordinate, communicate, and implement the perspective LEP student visits in partnership with the LEP team and the Office of Admission including open houses and other admission events
- Collaborate with the offices within the Division and across campus to create access to the LEP program for student (first generation, International students, etc.) who may not have previously had access to this resource
- Partner with the Disability Services Office concerning receipt of student documentation, tutoring/testing room sharing, and additional testing space during finals
- Coordinate and implement in partnership with departmental leadership the online LEP application and contract.
- Develop a checks and balances system centralizing the fees, refunds, and pro-rated refund process
- Streamline communication and record keeping of refunds with the Bursars Office and Financial Aid office
- Communicate with the Financial Aid Office to determine the funding available from the endowed funds for yearly LEP scholarships
- Meet monthly with the CLIE Business Officer and LEP Leadership to get an update on LEP financial information
Clerical and Administrative Duties:
- Oversees clerical and administrative functions, including maintaining files, ordering supplies, recording minutes in staff meetings
- Create and maintain a tracking system to collect statistical data regarding enrollment, attrition, retention, medical leaves, student demographics, LEP scholarship aid, use of tutoring and executive functioning services, and other reports as requested and share patterns and trends with leadership
- Communication with JETT leadership to provide accurate information to students and parents
- Create and distribute monthly enrollment updates for department and division leadership, including the reason why a student may no longer be enrolled in LEP
- Supervise, train, and evaluate front desk staff, assuring coverage from 8:00 AM -4:30 PM, Monday thru Friday
- Approve Pioneer Time
- Complete annual performance evaluations
- Attend and participate in department, division, and university wide professional development opportunities
- Attend all staff meetings
- Support and assist with the logistics of LEP events
- Serve as the chair of the scholarship committee
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong Computer Skills
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Strong Customer Service Skills
- Ability to listen to concerned parents, and students
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize projects
- Ability to de-escalate and problem solve
- Ability to act as liaison with other departments
- Ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Ability to work with a diverse population
- Bachelors Degree
- Experience in college admissions, marketing management, office management or related field
- Supervision experience
- Has a strong commitment to Inclusive Excellence
- Experience working with students with learning differences
- Knowledge of Banner
- Knowledge of Kronos
- Knowledge of Universal Design for Learning
1. Standard office environment.
2. Unexpected interruptions occur often and stress level is moderate to high.
3. Noise level is quiet to moderate.
1. Ability to sit in front of a computer for an extended period of time.
2. Occasionally required to move about the office/campus with the capability of transporting objects up to 20 lbs.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Evenings and weekends as required.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on September 6, 2019.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The hourly range for the position is $24.50 - $25.75.
Salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.