Front Desk Secretary, Ricks Center for Gifted Children
Job no: 492670
Work type: Staff Part-Time
Location: Denver, CO
Categories: Admin / Executive / Office Support
The Ricks Center for Gifted Children at the University of Denver is an exemplary school serving the needs of gifted children since 1984. We provide nationally recognized gifted education to approximately 250 students ranging from three years of age through eighth grade, who demonstrate exceptional, differentiated abilities and learning needs. Located on the campus of the University of Denver, the Ricks Center offers a progressive model of education focused on developing the intellectual, social, emotional, creative and physical needs of the gifted child. Our diverse student body benefit from small class size, expert teachers, a wide range of content offerings, cutting edge instructional practices, integrated curriculum, and a focus on community, care and engagement.
We are seeking a Front Desk Secretary to join our team of supportive educators. This is a part-time, non-benefited position not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
- Answers phones and front doorbell and performs duties as front office receptionist interacting with staff, students and parents.
- Assists with daily attendance, data entry and student cumulative records.
- Types, copies and files as requested.
- Administers first aid, dispenses daily medication and helps care for ill children and staff as needed.
- Assists with registration of new students and maintains confidentiality of students and staff.
- Distributes mail, orders and receives supplies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize duties.
- Ability to act in a calm, efficient manner at all times.
- Up-to-date on CPR and Universal Precautions, or willing to be certified.
- Love working with children.
- High School diploma.
- At least 2 years of experience with secretarial/clerical work.
- Experience working in a school and/or educational setting.
Monday - Friday, 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Monday, September 9, 2019.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The hourly range for the position is $12.00 - $14.00.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.