Job no: 492673
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Denver, CO
Categories: Business Operations / Services, Student Affairs / Services
The Bursar's Office is responsible for the collection and billing of tuition related charges and administering Federal Perkins Loans. The Cashier's Office is located within the Bursars Office and is responsible for processing all student payments and departmental deposits.
Assisting in the timely collection and processing of tuition, loan and related payments. Counsels students and parents on payment options, procedures, deadlines and the status of their account. Prepares daily bank deposits. Balances cash drawer daily to ensure accuracy and reconciliation of actual and recorded funds. Works with Staff Accountants to reconcile all cashiering reports. Researches cash and check payment problems and corrects errors. Prints and organizes daily cashiering reports. Works with University department staff ensuring accurate, timely, processing of all department deposit activity, including credit card activity.
- Post tuition, loan, deposit and fee payments through current operating systems.
- Provides quality customer service counselling students and parents on payment procedures and options.
- Process Departmental Deposits.
- Return check processing.
- Enforces University hold policy to protect the University from incurring additional Liability and the student from additional debt.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Cash management, accounting, bookkeeping and auditing capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize and organize with strong attention to detail.
- High School diploma.
- 1 - 2 years cash handling experience.
- 1 - 2 years customer service experience.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 3 - 5 years cash handling experience.
- 3 - years customer service experience.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on September 10, 2019.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The hourly rate for the position is $16.28.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.