Assistant Director, Graduate Admissions
Job no: 492680
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Denver, CO
Categories: Admission / Financial Aid
The Daniels College of Business Graduate Student Recruitment and Admissions is committed to providing the best customer service to prospective students from the point of inquiry through enrollment. Each staff member is a valuable resource to prospective students, assisting them where appropriate throughout the entire enrollment process.
The primary responsibility of this position is to focus on actively recruiting students to one or more graduate programs in the Daniels College of Business. This important member of the team will identify key points of program differentiation and advise prospective students regarding degree options based on their academic backgrounds and career plans. In consultation with his/her direct report, this person will implement and expand recruiting opportunities and recommend methods and opportunities for developing new student markets. He/she must have the ability to understand and interpret various types of data trends in order to create market-responsive strategies and to closely track the effectiveness of those strategies. He/she will also conduct admission interviews, assist with New Student Orientation activities, and participate in graduate admissions events and other recruiting events as appropriate. This person also acts as an Admissions Manager to applicants and prospective applicants, advising on admissions criteria, various programs, and keeping the line of communications open through email and phone until the applicant has matriculated.
The essential functions of this position are as follows:
- Responsible for highlighting the key selling points for their respective programs.
- This position will conceive, create, develop and execute communications to prospects.
- The Assistant Director, Graduate Admissions will work one-on-one with prospective students to counsel them regarding the basic requirements for various degree and concentration options.
- Assist in the effective development of recruitment initiatives which include, but are not limited to collaboratively making decisions with the enrollment marketing team regarding: (1) creating and executing information sessions, online chats, presentations, and webinars, (3) determining what kind of admissions events to hold and with what prospective student targets, (3) determining the scope of targeted calling campaigns and (4) deciding what types of industry conferences and recruiting fairs to attend.
Understand past and present enrollment trends in order to discover patterns and effectively lead initiatives to respond to these trends.
- Provide input and share ideas on how to expand potential recruiting opportunities.
- Assess graduate school applications including evaluating applicant files for academic performance, overall fit for the program and college, personal and professional goals, work experience, academic scores, tests scores, volunteerism, etc.
- Conduct admission interviews as a key part of the recruiting process.
- Interview, hire and train Graduate Student Counselors (GSC) to help with recruiting and application processing.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one, small group and large group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work in a team.
- Must be willing to deploy resources in other venues whether at companies, other schools, tour settings, staff tables/booths, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Two (2) years of marketing and/or sales experience.
- Able and willing to travel domestically and internationally.
- Master's Degree.
- Three (3) years of educational marketing and/or sales experience.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Travel as Required for the position
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on September 27, 2019.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.