Coordinator, Stewardship Campaigns
Job no: 492724
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Denver, CO
Categories: Alumni / Development / Fundraising
The University of Denver is building an advancement enterprise that mirrors the excellence of our great institution. Advancement efforts at DU have a tremendous impact through our relationships with DU's remarkable students, dedicated donors, inspiring alumni, engaged families, and wonderful friends. DU is committed to building and fostering a culture of deep engagement and philanthropy in support of our institution as we implement the DU IMPACT 2025 vision. As a part of that effort, we are continuing to grow a team of collaborative, curious, results-oriented, and mission-driven advancement professionals who value inclusivity and who possess a deep respect for one another and for our shared profession.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Major Giving Stewardship, the Coordinator, Stewardship Campaigns is responsible for maintaining a solid foundation of stewardship communication to all donors at the University of Denver. This position will manage a calendar of communications, including print and digital pieces, catering to donors ranging from annual giving level to major gift level. The successful candidate will have a keen eye for strategic segmentation and be up to date on the latest stewardship communication practices to ensure relevant and meaningful engagement with our donors.
- Stewardship Communications
- In partnership with the Associate Director, Major Giving Stewardship and the Director, Donor Relations & Stewardship, craft yearly communication calendar catering to various strategic segments of donors
- Write and craft creative and meaningful stewardship communication pieces in digital and print
Giving campaign stewardship
- Collaborate with Lead Marketing and Community Activation team to craft corresponding stewardship campaigns for all annual giving campaigns
- Design and coordinate quarterly impact reports on top-performing designations
Special occasion stewardship
- Coordinate meaningful celebration recognition, including holiday and birthday cards.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to craft creative content for print and digital communications.
- Ability to effectively communicate impact through various mediums to diverse populations.
- Awareness of and dedication to inclusive excellence.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities with short timelines and meet deadlines.
- Flexibly, highly organized and extremely detail-oriented.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively to ensure maximum impact of content.
- High school diploma or GED
- 1 year of donor/constituent/member relations experience
- Experience in creative writing, marketing, design or related field
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 2 or more years of donor/constituent/member relations experience
- Experience in higher education or a similarly complex environment
- Experience with social media, videography, and/or graphic design
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.; some nights and weekends as required
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on October 17, 2019
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The hourly range for the position is $21.15 - $23.00/hour.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.