Director/Senior Director of Marketing
Job no: 492729
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Denver, CO
Categories: Marketing / Communications / Media
With a long tradition of excellence and innovation, the Daniels College of Business prepares students to succeed in a dynamic, changing world. We are a high-achieving global community of students and faculty that inspires one another to think in new ways, perform at higher levels, and transform organizations and communities. Daniels is ranked among the world’s top business schools and is the only business school in Colorado to receive high rankings and recognition from Businessweek, the Financial Times, U.S. News & World Report and Forbes.
The University of Denver is seeking an experienced, talented and ambitious Director/Senior Director of Marketing for a full-time position in the Office of Communications, Marketing and Graduate Admissions (OCMGA) at the Daniels College of Business. This is a terrific opportunity to join a dynamic team that is responsible for the brand development, internal and external communications, and graduate student enrollment for the College for a portfolio that currently includes seven Master’s degree programs, three MBA programs, and an Executive Ph.D. program.
The Director/Senior Director of Marketing will spearhead the day-to-day operation of all marketing activities for OCMGA.
A primary focus will be on driving graduate student enrollment, but this role also will help drive the ongoing evolution of the Daniels College of Business brand and how it ties into the University of Denver’s brand.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Creation and execution of OCMGA’s digital advertising plan in concert with an outside vendor, and own the day-to-day relationship with the vendor to maximize ROI on OCMGA’s investment.
- Devise and manage the group’s marketing budget with the oversight of the Executive Director, with specific ideas for new kinds of non-digital/OOH campaigns that can supplement the online campaigns.
- Develop and execute, with the support of the Marketing Manager and the Senior Director of Admissions, the significant expansion of the group’s current email drip campaigns for the entire admissions funnel.
- Develop and execute, with the support of the Social Media Marketing Manager, a social media strategy across multiple platforms that best supports the multiple overarching goals of the group.
- Develop and execute, with the Executive Director and Senior Director of Communications and Operations, a video strategy for all aspects of the group’s marketing and communications efforts.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong experience in planning, implementing and measuring integrated marketing strategies.
- Significant comfort with data and reporting, with an eye toward maximizing return on investment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage key internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Highly organized and uses time well.
- Ability to learn new content management systems and marketing tools.
- Strong project management and decision-making skills.
- Commitment to a team approach combined with an ability to self-direct workload.
To be considered for the Director of Marketing position, you must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related discipline.
- Five (5) years’ experience in marketing for a significant enterprise, including some management responsibility.
- Proven knowledge of best practices for e-mail communications and experience deploying campaigns.
- Demonstrated ability with Google Analytics and other web marketing tools.
- Demonstrated Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook skills.
To be considered for the Senior Director of Marketing position, you must meet the Director required qualifications plus the following minimum qualifications:
- Seven (7) years of marketing experience for a significant enterprise, including staff management and budget responsibility.
- Demonstrated experience orchestrating and executing significant multichannel marketing campaigns.
- Strong background in branding and positioning to help drive the Creative Manager’s efforts to build the College’s brand identity and reputation.
- Experience in a college or university marketing and admissions environment.
- Significant experience with Slate (higher education CRM).
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. evenings and weekends as required
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on October 18, 2019
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.