Coordinator, Parking Services
Job no: 492734
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Denver, CO
Categories: Parking Services
Enrich the University of Denver's global prominence and community impact through excellence in innovative Facilities Services.
Through exceptional customer service, we provide sustainable stewardship to the university community that creates an engaging and thriving environment to learn, live, teach and work.
- Stewardship: We effectively use all resources to meet the needs of today without compromising the future. We work in a safe manner using equipment and procedures as appropriate and encourage others to do the same. We maintain confidences and protect the security of operations and assets by keeping information confidential and equipment/facilities secure. We demonstrate efficient use of time, equipment, and other resources with a focus on sustainable operations and best practices.
- Teamwork: We work together cooperatively in support of our mission. We value individuals and their contributions to the team and treat each other with respect and dignity. We actively work to create and support an inclusive and equitable workplace by embedding diversity into all aspects of the workplace. We communicate honestly and openly, listen attentively, and assume responsibility for resolving difficulties appropriately. We encourage cooperation, collaboration, and co-ownership of success.
- Professionalism: We earn the trust of others through professional conduct that includes honesty, reliability, and competency. We exhibit a courteous, conscientious and businesslike manner in the workplace. We actively endorse and support DU's mission and work to fulfill its vision, mission, and goals. We pursue professional development to increase expertise and improve our capabilities to deliver improved job performance.
- Service: We contribute to the success of others by responding in a courteous, timely and accurate manner, seeking assistance when necessary to create a positive DU experience that exceeds the expectations of students, and internal and external contacts. We understand that our performance directly affects the future of DU and strive to perform to enhance the DU experience. We embrace a positive attitude and participate through engagement with changes in procedures, environment, or responsibilities.
- Integrity: We accept responsibility for the University's and public's trust and are accountable for individual actions. We conduct ourselves and perform our duties in an environmentally, socially, and economically responsible manner that is reflective and protective of the trust placed on us as stewards of the University's facility related resources.
- Excellence: We strive to achieve excellence in all endeavors and are committed to continuous improvement. We enthusiastically deliver quality services to our customers while consistently seeking to improve those services through creativity and innovation.
- Engagement: We seek to "tell our story" through collaboration, communication, and inclusion with the greater DU community. Through involvement, we ensure the needs of students, faculty, staff, alumni, visitors, and neighbors are met and efforts from each department are understood. We take every opportunity to augment the education and research mission of the university through demonstration of real world applications of theories and principles.
Coordinates the front line operations of the customer service counter and the event staff. Oversees a wide variety of front line customer service to the University community and external clients. Works in the public eye answering questions, giving directions, fulfilling permit requests, and performing other such duties as is consistent with customer service and event parking management. This position is responsible for the day to day coordination of parking inventory in order to effectively and efficiently manage parking for special event visitors to the DU campus with minimum adverse impact to DU permit holders. Responsible for the management, adjudication, and timely response to customers appealing parking citations. Responsible for recording T2 Flex daily cash and check transactions in the One Step system. Assists the Parking Manager with financial reconciliation.
- Offer support and some direction to the Customer Service Representative in performing a wide variety of front line customer service to the University community and external clients.
- In the absence or when needed this position will assist the customer service representative in greeting customers, processing customer requests via email, multi-line phone system, or in person, paying parking citations and appealing parking citations.
- Acts as an intermediary with the public.
- Must be able to address customers complaints in a professional manner while taking the necessary customer service action.
- This position will act as the first line of escalation when the customer service representative is unable to resolve the customers complaint or request.
Prepares, compiles, sorts, files and maintains confidential customer files (World Wide, etc).
- Documents the quantity and quality of services provided to customers and maintain the spreadsheet that records the statistics.
- Offers support and direction to the Parking Event Coordinator in coordination and allotment of parking permits purchased for special events occurring at the University of Denver.
- Works closely with the Parking Service Manager, as well as, many other departments on campus to ensure that the parking inventory is properly managed.
- Assists the event coordinator in maintaining a master calendar of the parking event requirements through the Ungerboeck software.
- Serves as the event coordinator in the absence of the primary.
Responsible for updating, maintaining, and beginning the troubleshooting process for the Ungerboeck software.
- This includes training new employees, simple configurations within the software, and assisting the Parking Manager when there is an issue.
- Reconcile all daily office transactions in T2 Flex software and ensure accuracy of billings.
- Post transactions in a financial database (One Step) and reconcile computer reports with T2 Flex.
- Resolve billing disputes and keep track of accounts that are overdue and attempt to collect payment.
- Responsible for all permit mailings through the Parking Services department.
- This includes updating materials, inventorying permits, and managing the permit mailing processes.
- Assist the Parking Manager with the permit sales set up, configuration, and testing processes in T2 Flex and the website back office (Ebiz).
- Assist the Parking Manager in training new office personnel on duties and skills associated with customer service and event planning in the Parking Services department.
- Works closely with the Parking Manager and the Field Operations Manager to monitor and improve daily operations, includes the implementation of new technologies, and operational techniques to ensure consistency and efficient business practices.
- Performs other duties and special projects for the department/division as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, students or employees for the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers and common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages as well as to create and interpret graphical charts and complex financial reports.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in very fluid situations.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite of computer software.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment that requires individual thought and initiative.
- Capable of facilitating the interactions and diverse needs of a complex organization.
- Ability to maintain professional standards of conduct during stressful and often emotional situations.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Superior customer service skills a must.
- Must pass a complete background check with a clean record, no criminal record or felony convictions.
- High School Graduate
- 2 years in a customer service/billing position and/or scheduling functions
- Minimum 1 year of experience posting financial transactions.
Please note, this position will require you to have a valid Colorado Driver's License and be insurable under University guidelines.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2-5 years of parking experience including parking management software and ecommerce.
- 5 years of posting financial transactions.
- Knowledge of University parking operations, knowledge of T2 PowerPark Flex, knowledge of Ungerboeck software, knowledge in BANNER university software.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on October 21, 2019
Candidates must apply online through www.jobs.du.edu">jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The hourly range for the position is $17.00-$18.00
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.