Family Support Coordinator
Job no: 492783
Work type: Postdoc / Research / Fellow, Staff Full-Time
Location: Denver, CO
MotherWise is a program affiliated with the University of Denver that empowers women and their families to thrive during pregnancy and after a new baby is born. The program focuses on helping mothers identify what healthy relationships look like to them, develop communication skills that they can use in all relationships, and learn new information about parenting and early childhood development. MotherWise is committed to building an inclusive and supportive community where healthy relationships flourish and become positive models for future generations.
The primary responsibilities for this position include providing case management services in Spanish and English to clients at MotherWise and co-facilitating healthy relationship classes to individuals and couples. Some community outreach is involved, as this person will coordinate with community partners regarding appropriate services and referrals for MotherWise families. He or she will also participate in several weekly meetings and in the development of program protocols. Some administrative and clerical tasks are also included, such as record keeping and scheduling appointments.
This is a full-time position (40 hours per week) that comes with DU's full benefits package. Salary will be commensurate with experience. This is a one year appointment, with extension contingent on continued need and funding.
- Provide case management (meet with clients one-on-one for coaching and providing community resources)
- Co-facilitate healthy relationship education workshops (teach an evidence-based curriculum on healthy relationships to groups of 12 to 20 pregnant women and new mothers)
- Administrative duties (e.g., reviewing documents, recording keeping, scheduling, staff meetings, case consultations)
- Supervision and training (attending supervision meetings and trainings, e.g., in best practices in case management and workshop facilitation)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic mathematical skills
- Strong reasoning ability
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment
- Flexibility in schedule
- Bachelor's degree
- Fluent in Spanish
- Experience teaching, facilitating groups, or case management with diverse populations
- Master's degree in social work or a related field
- Experience in the health relationship education field
To be coordinated with hiring manager.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on December 1, 2019
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The hourly range for the position is $15.00 - $18.00.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
- Names and contact information for three references
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.