Assistant Director, Analysis and Operations
Job no: 492786
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Denver, CO
Categories: Information Technology
Student Financial Services is dedicated to the University of Denver's commitment to help students navigate DU and navigate life. Student Financial Services is maintains a high level of customer service and strives to make the process of paying for college as streamlined as possible through innovation. The Pioneer ID Card Office, part of Student Financial Services, welcomes every member of the DU community upon arrival to campus.
The Assistant Director, Analysis and Operations reports to the Director of Student Financial Services. The Assistant Director is a key member of the Student Financial Services management team. The position directs the day to day operations of the Pioneer ID Card office, including its manager and staff. The position also directs the day to day activities of the billing production technician.
The position primarily supports all student accounts receivable technology applications, performs business process needs analysis, data analysis, and software configuration and support. This position is responsible for proposing and documenting more efficient technology functions, identifying opportunities to leverage technology to implement electronic solutions, writing ad-hoc reports and queries for analysis, and performing all other tasks necessary to meet the technology needs of Student Financial Services operations, including the Bursars Office and The Pioneer ID card office. The assistant is the functional expert and first line of production support in Student Financial Services for all software applications including the student accounts receivable module of institutions ERP (Ellucian Banner).
- Generate electronic bills and tax forms for all students at the University, including directing the work of the billing production technician.
- Develop software solutions and reports from various systems to provide staff information required to conduct business. Help develop business intelligence reports to support data driven decisions.
- Direct the day to day operations of the Pioneer ID Card Office, including its manager and staff.
- Monitor all software utilized by Student Financial Services, making recommendations regarding upgrades/changes to keep abreast with current technologies, train staff on use of new software.
- Monitor all nightly processing for the department ensuring successful completion/accuracy of student receivable information within and between the various systems.
- Assist Director with monthly, quarterly, yearly and Board of Trustee reports, including running ad hoc queries.
- Serve as department liaison with UTS.
- Serve as project coordinator/department liaison with external software vendors when implementing changes as well as on a day to day basis
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to implement new computer systems/software including initial assessment and recommendations of systems, as well as represent the department and University in implementation of said systems.
- Ability to write SQL queries, Cognos reports, Tableau reports.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- 1 year management experience.
- 1 year experience in financial data and business analysis.
- Knowledge of SQL, Cognos, Tableau.
- Degree in computer science, business administration, business intelligence or other related field.
- Experience administering accounts receivable systems.
- Experience with Ellucian Banner system, CORE iPayment.
- 3 years management experience.
- 3 years experience in financial data and business analysis.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on November 15, 2019.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.