The University of Denver Sturm College of Law (Denver Law) is a Top 75 law school recognized for its innovative approach to experiential learning, student welfare, and the public good. Located in one of the nation’s most dynamic and beautiful cities, Denver Law features an outstanding and diverse student body, an internationally recognized faculty, a motivated and highly professional staff, and a group of roughly 17,000 alumni who have achieved distinction in law, business, government, public interest, and other professional domains.
Denver Law seeks a Part-time Project Manager for the Colorado Civil Justice Corps (CCJC). CCJC will enhance and increase direct civil legal services to crime victims across the state by selecting five nonprofits to host recent Denver Law graduates as two-year fellows. These fellowships will be funded by the Office for Victim Programs (OVP), and Denver Law will assist OVP and its steering committee to recruit and select the host nonprofits, recruit and select the legal fellows, and then train and provide technical assistance to the fellows throughout the two-year fellowship. The Project Manager will work with Denver Law faculty and staff to implement this program.
This is a non-benefited position not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
- Creating and assisting with application for nonprofit host sites and fellows.
- Marketing fellowship to nonprofits and fellows.
- Collecting and sorting application materials.
- Coordinating committee meetings to select host sites and fellows.
- Planning and executing events to promote fellowship.
- Training and orienting fellows, and helping to provide professional development to fellows throughout the two-year fellowship.
- Providing technical assistance to host sites.
- Collecting data and completing quarterly data reports and final report at completion of the fellowship.
- Collecting and maintaining financial documents for financial reporting.
- Complying with federal grant and funding rules and assisting host sites with compliance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to implement partnerships and be a team member.
- Ability to write reports, grants, business correspondence, and manuals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in diverse situations.
- Ability to react quickly under pressure and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to define problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently while paying close attention to detail.
- Excellent word processing, internet, and database skills.
- Ability to develop relationships and communicate with a wide variety of diverse people.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to navigate online platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience coordinating projects.
- Experience with grant management and reporting, particularly federal grant management and reporting.
- Accounting experience.
- Experience with event planning.
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations.
- Experience working with attorneys or in a legal setting.
Part-time, estimated 20 hours per week from January to June of 2020, and 10 hours per week from July 2020 - August 2021.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials no later than 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Friday, December 13, 2019
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
The hourly range for the position is $20.00
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.