Job no: 492839
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Denver, CO
Categories: Admin / Executive / Office Support
The College of Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences is the largest and most diverse academic unit of the University of Denver, where students gain the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed at nearly any career in today's global society.
The Business Coordinator position provides office management and administrative support to the College of Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences (CAHSS) Deans Office. Duties include the day-to-day oversight of the CAHSS main administrative office in Sturm Hall, general building oversight and management for Sturm Hall and other facilities within the college, and general administrative support for the college's Business and Operations unit. The ideal candidate must be able to work independently under general direction, and they must be able to provide excellent service to students, faculty, and staff from units across the University of Denver under a variety of circumstances.
GENERAL ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES
- Greet and assist visitors to the main administrative office
- Monitor Deans Office email and voicemail accounts
- Oversee the physical space within the CAHSS Dean's Office, ensuring that the space is arranged in a way which support the professional functions of the colleges administration
- Monitor office supplies and the proper functioning of equipment
- Oversee a team of student employees to provide administrative and customer service support to the CAHSS Dean's Office
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Operating Officer, Dean or Associate Dean
BUILDING OVERSIGHT AND COORDINATION
- Monitor the condition of Sturm Hall, including the appropriate use of physical space and submission of work orders with central Facilities office as needed
- Perform space allocation changes and analysis when required
- Support scheduling for space use in Sturm Hall for CAHSS-controlled rooms
- Communicate with faculty, staff, students and community members about facilities issue and space access
- Serve as liaison with units across campus that support facilities and operations, including Facilities, Campus Safety, and Information Technology; develop and strengthen relationships to improve operations
- Serve as the lead for emergency preparedness and response for Sturm Hall, as well as coordinate with other leads in CAHSS buildings across campus
BUSINESS AND OPERATIONS SUPPORT
- Cross-train with other staff members in the Business and Operations unit to assist with special projects and/or provide coverage as needed
- Assist with financial processes such as the collection and processing of receipts for internal operations and visitors
- Manage communications and tracking for internal business and operations processes, including things like the computer refresh program
- Manage budgets related to materials, supplies and facilities
- Manage the desktop reference program, including the creation of and revision to reference materials outlining college policies and procedures
- Assist with a wide range of human resources processes, including hiring and onboarding
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, reports and other pertinent information.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively and sensitively with students, faculty, staff and community members from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to do basic math.
- Ability to work with and manipulate spreadsheets.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite.
- At least one year of progress into a Bachelor’s degree program or an equivalent combination of education and training/experience
- One year of experience in an office support setting with a particular focus in the areas of day-to-day office or program management
- Bachelor's degree
- Three to five years of experience in an office support setting
- Experience working in higher education environment
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on December 6, 2019.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter - In your cover letter, please address your interest in the position, how your skills align to the position, and describe your philosophy and approach to diversity and inclusion.
- Names and contact information for three references
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.