Enrich the University of Denver's global prominence and community impact through excellence in innovative Facilities Services.
Through exceptional customer service, we provide sustainable stewardship to the university community that creates an engaging and thriving environment to learn, live, teach and work.
- Stewardship: We effectively use all resources to meet the needs of today without compromising the future. We work in a safe manner using equipment and procedures as appropriate and encourage others to do the same. We maintain confidences and protect the security of operations and assets by keeping information confidential and equipment/facilities secure. We demonstrate efficient use of time, equipment, and other resources with a focus on sustainable operations and best practices.
- Teamwork: We work together cooperatively in support of our mission. We value individuals and their contributions to the team and treat each other with respect and dignity. We actively work to create and support an inclusive and equitable workplace by embedding diversity into all aspects of the workplace. We communicate honestly and openly, listen attentively, and assume responsibility for resolving difficulties appropriately. We encourage cooperation, collaboration, and co-ownership of success.
- Professionalism: We earn the trust of others through professional conduct that includes honesty, reliability, and competency. We exhibit a courteous, conscientious and businesslike manner in the workplace. We actively endorse and support DU's mission and work to fulfill its vision, mission, and goals. We pursue professional development to increase expertise and improve our capabilities to deliver improved job performance.
- Service: We contribute to the success of others by responding in a courteous, timely and accurate manner, seeking assistance when necessary to create a positive DU experience that exceeds the expectations of students, and internal and external contacts. We understand that our performance directly affects the future of DU and strive to perform to enhance the DU experience. We embrace a positive attitude and participate through engagement with changes in procedures, environment, or responsibilities.
- Integrity: We accept responsibility for the University's and public's trust and are accountable for individual actions. We conduct ourselves and perform our duties in an environmentally, socially, and economically responsible manner that is reflective and protective of the trust placed on us as stewards of the University's facility related resources.
- Excellence: We strive to achieve excellence in all endeavors and are committed to continuous improvement. We enthusiastically deliver quality services to our customers while consistently seeking to improve those services through creativity and innovation.
- Engagement: We seek to "tell our story" through collaboration, communication, and inclusion with the greater DU community. Through involvement, we ensure the needs of students, faculty, staff, alumni, visitors, and neighbors are met and efforts from each department are understood. We take every opportunity to augment the education and research mission of the university through demonstration of real world applications of theories and principles.
As a member of the University Facilities Management Services team, the Technology Specialist oversees the information system and application functions that support facilities and finance operations. This information system supports the flow of work orders, maintenance tasks, performance reporting, and transfer of cost information to the University finance system.
The position is responsible for the establishment and maintenance of the procedures, security assignments and codes required for the Facilities WebTMA CMMS. This position will coordinate the daily operation of the CMMS and is responsible to assure the consistent application of the established Policies and Procedures for the overall function of the application, of software support, database administration, including mobile hardware and peripheral support. Proficient in WebTMA computerized maintenance management system software with specific experience with the WebTMA Preventive Maintenance program reliability, quality of work and accuracy of estimates and invoices.
This position interacts with TMA Systems in connection with the DU FM SaaS agreement and other strategic vendors to ensure continuous process improvement and innovation to further enhance all University-Supplier relationships. Support the mission of FM to improve customer satisfaction, produce administrative and operational efficiencies, mitigate risk, and comply with business policies. Reviews and offers input regarding changes to client specific standard operating procedures (SOPs) and guidelines in accordance with service provisioning in the best interest of the University.
This position will be called upon to support other primary business applications and performance improvement initiatives associated with technology for the Department of Facilities Management with a clear goal of introducing operational efficiencies and managing costs.
As engaged, individual works collaboratively with different groups in support University and Departmental technology initiatives, i.e., Department website migrations, file shares migration, departmental Win 365 upgrade, MS Exchange migration and departmental computer refresh activities. Oversight for other technology initiatives requested/needed. Exhibits flexibility with daily assignments and departmental changes, uses sound judgment in decision-making, demonstrates team player attitude. Handles all special duties as assigned.
- Administer the Facilities Management CMMS Preventive Maintenance program. Primary responsibilities include asset definition, administration of maintenance checkpoints, preventive maintenance templates, schedules, and structured generation of planned work orders.
- Coordinate and assist with shop personnel in collecting and entering asset data into the WebTMA CMMS system.
- Make recommendations for the on-going design, coordination, and implementation of the Departments CMMS Preventive Maintenance Program.
- Support Mechanical and other Trades Groups with the labeling & identification process for new components and other related maintenance and facility assets.
- Provide user support for the Departments CMMS Preventive Maintenance program.
- Manage preventive maintenance data in the computerized WebTMA Work order management system.
- Maintain proficiency at current level and continually update knowledge through appropriate courses, seminars, publications and contacts with others in the trade.
- Ensure that assets and attributes are accurate and properly maintained across all groups utilizing the program.
- Assist with report generation as required, including those for KPIs.
- Craft, document and deliver training to multiple Trade Shops and employees.
- When required, conduct training for the CMMS Preventive Maintenance program for existing and new users and/or outside vendors.
- Work to create and maintain training documents and procedures.
- Establish and maintain a positive and cooperative working relationship with members of the department, clients, vendors and the Campus Community.
- Assists all supervisors and managers as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong inter-personal communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to present information effectively and respond to questions from DU Administration and FM Management.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Daily and occasional interaction with groups of managers, customers, students, parents and university neighbors.
- Ability to apply concepts and analyze relevant data as it relates to business applications.
- Understanding of cost/benefit value propositions.
- Works with the Facilities Management Administrative Team to understand service contracts/agreements.
- Understanding of department and university financial statement and balance sheet.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong application troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to collect data, define problems, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Skilled at analyzing information, problems, situations, practices or procedures to:
- Define the opportunity or objective.
- Identify relevant concerns or factors.
- Observe patterns, tendencies and relationships to formulate logical and objective conclusions.
- Recognize alternatives and their implications.
- Perceiving and defining cause and effect relationships in workflow.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Proven track record in Customer Satisfaction and service delivery commitment.
- Interesting in providing additional reporting and reports through utilization of available Business Intelligence tools; i.e., Tableau, MS BI
- Ability to work well in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to apply fact-based negotiation principles and tactics.
- Knowledge of key industry trends and developments.
Understanding of industry cost structures and implications.
- Excellent ability in developing processes, documenting processes, and then operationalizing them.
- Strong communication skills, verbal, written and presentation.
- Provide meaningful and timely feedback to members of team.
- Software training skills, employee training and Software training skills, employee training and teaching of multi-level staff and personnel is essential.
- Experience in understanding workflow and teaming to create procedure documents.
- Ability to work directly with internal, external multi level staff, contractors, service providers and department work teams.
- Working knowledge of PC operating environment and associated software/hardware applications and configurations.
- Must be able to effectively operate and assist in supporting various mobile devices.
- Work effectively in a service oriented environment subject to frequently changing priorities.
- Must be able to use sound and independent judgment and make decisions based on reasoning and basic analysis.
- Successfully work in a stressful, high volume, fast-paced environment with constantly changing priorities while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
- Build and maintain user relationships individually, as a team or with a diverse group through a professional approach in handling user service needs and problems.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills in working with users to interpret needs and provide appropriate solutions.
- Apply consultative skills to assess user needs and provide appropriate support, including any necessary training.
- In performing this function correctly, the incumbent contributes to the efficiency, productivity and success of the University.
- Familiarity with and willingness to further develop skills in business performance analysis, business process management technologies and their applications.
- Understanding of internet and intranet technology, information architecture, electronic performance support systems, database applications, .html authoring tools, groupware, document management systems and business intelligence tools (digital dashboards, spreadsheets, reporting/querying software).
- Ability to read and understand schematic drawings.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, campus constituents, students/student groups and the campus neighbors.
- Associate's Degree.
- Minimum of two years of experience in computer operations, desktop support, mechanical trades or customer service solutions and systems.
- Project management experience.
- Experience with CMMS work management and associated workflow.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Prior experience administrating a Facilities Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Prior experience administrating TMA Desktop/WebTMA.
- Experience with IT project management techniques.
- Valid drivers license and ability to be licensed under the University policy is preferred, but not required.
Primarily an office environment but activities will often extend to areas maintained by Facilities Maintenance; including mechanical rooms and roof tops. Perform duties as required in support of training and communication sessions with all Trades areas, including technical support for 2nd shift, Custodial Admin., or FM Office Staff. Although this is a salaried position, overtime may be required based on department needs.
The position will require that they have the ability to see well enough to read standard text; speak well enough to converse on the phone and in person with customers and fellow employees, hear well enough to converse on the phone and in person with customers and fellow employees, has the manual dexterity to write, and type, strength to lift and carry up to 50 lbs, needs the ability to climb stairs, stoop and move around the facilities. May be accessing assets in mechanical rooms, or rooftops. Facilities hallways may have occasional fumes and occasional high decibel noise levels.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on February 7, 2020
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.