Academic Affairs Coordinator
Job no: 492846
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Denver, CO
Categories: Student Affairs / Services
The Graduate School of Social Work (GSSW) is a vibrant community of scholars and teachers committed to having a diverse faculty and student body. The Schools curriculum, research, and community partnerships emphasize social and economic justice, along with an understanding of and respect for social, political, and cultural diversity both nationally and internationally. GSSW provides an intellectual, collegial, and supportive environment that fosters interdisciplinary and international educational opportunities. GSSW engages in collaborative projects locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally. GSSW and the University of Denver are committed to enhancing the diversity of faculty and staff.
The Academic Affairs Coordinator at the Graduate School of Social Work (GSSW) reports to the Registrar. This position is a part of the Registrar team and provides support across all GSSW programs. The Coordinator acts as a front-line support for all day-to-day operations of the Registrar team, including escalated registration concerns, and collaborates directly with students, staff, and faculty.
- Support of course scheduling, including creation of course sections in Banner
- Assist building and updating course information in Banner
- Assist with classroom scheduling for courses and instructor communication on classrooms
- Assist with 2U related to registration issues
- Provide front-line support to students and instructors and escalated inquiries related to course assignments and registration
- Communicate with instructors regarding changes to course schedules or assignments
- Assist with course waitlists
- Collaborate with various DU administrative offices regarding student holds
- Support Independent Study forms for MSW students
- Support maintaining the Registrar tab of the GSSW Student Resource Portal
- Support with advisor assignments
- Support with verification requests
- Support with substitution/waiver forms
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
- Supervisory Duties: This position may supervise student employees
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated computer skills and proficiency with MS Office Suite;
- Proficient knowledge of FERPA and information protection practices;
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Experience using data management systems;
- Acute attention to detail;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects at once and on time;
- Skills in organizing resources and establishing priorities;
- Proven ability to establish and maintain efficient office work flow and administrative processes
- Customer service orientation
- Demonstrated commitment, knowledge and ability to effectively engage individuals from broadly diverse communities
- Bachelor's degree.
- 2 years of progressive administrative experience.
- 2-4 years of progressive administrative experience, including 1 year in higher education working with student data.
- Experience working within the context of the Registrars office.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Evenings and weekends as required.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by February 7, 2020. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The hourly range for the position is $21.00 - $23.00.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.