Academic Services Associate
Job no: 492856
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Denver, CO
Categories: Admin / Executive / Office Support
The University of Denver Morgridge College of Education (MCE) invites applications for an Academic Services Associate for the Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies (ELPS). The Academic Services Associate will serve as the hub of the ELPS Department reporting to the Department Chair and providing quality customer service both within MCE and externally to DU and the community.
The Academic Services Associate will provide administrative and student support for faculty, staff, and students enrolled in the Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies (ELPS). In addition to serving as the primary point of contact for program requests, this position will also be responsible for the collection, storage, and maintenance of important information including student files, program syllabi, and course schedules. In conjunction with other MCE Academic Services Associates, this position helps plan and coordinate various college-wide functions including orientation and graduation.
- Provide administrative support for ELPS Department Chair and Program Leads including but not limited to scheduling department and program meetings; preparation and submission of documents or presentations for conferences; communicating information on behalf of Department Chair and keeping Department Chair apprised of changes to DU policies/procedures that will affect MCE Programs.
- Serve as main internal point of contact for all ELPS degree program inquiries and requests from internal and external MCE and DU constituents.
- Provide departmental support and student services including but not limited to quarterly faculty class scheduling; communicating information, requirements, and deadlines on quarterly academic processes in a timely manner; assisting with questions related to student status, academic progress, and student course registration; provide search committee support for faculty searches; maintain student and academic records; and manage program and ELPS departmental list serve and email distribution lists
- Collaborate with other MCE Academic Services Associates to jointly organize college events and official functions.
- Ensure important dates, deadlines, and correct information is communicated effectively through MCE website and Ruffatto hall digital signage.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to assist faculty, students, and visitors in a positive and professional manner.
- Excellent time management, planning, and organizational skills to maintain operations and work in a fast-paced and deadline-focused environment with frequent interruptions
- Ability to prioritize tasks, plan work within larger contexts of known program goals, make thoughtful decisions, and work independently
- Quality mathematical skills for understanding program budgets, facilitating purchasing functions, reviewing electronic timesheets, and creating Excel spreadsheets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, proof reading ability desired.
Required Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1 year of administrative experience in an office environment
- Proficient in MS Office Suite including Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Preferred Education and Qualifications:
- 2 years of administrative experience in a higher education setting
- Knowledge of Banner system and university policies and procedures
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Evenings and weekends as required.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) January 16, 2020.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The hourly range for the position is $19.00 -$21.00
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.