Manager, IT Architecture and Engineering
Job no: 492861
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Denver, CO
Categories: Information Technology
Information Technology (IT) is the unified IT organization that supports the vision, values, mission, and goals of the University by providing IT infrastructure, systems, administrative applications, academic resources and related services to faculty, students and staff. Embracing DU’s Impact 2025, the division aligns IT resources with University and unit strategic goals and operational plans, providing service in the spirit of “One DU”.
The IT Architecture & Engineering (A&E) team is responsible for implementation, operation and support of all hardware, servers and datacenter infrastructure in support of university applications and services. The team must understand the “Big Picture” view of the university’s compute environment and research, recommend, implement and support modifications and/or enhancements necessary to keep the environment current, highly available and secure.
The role of the Manager, IT Architecture & Engineering is to work with the Assistant Vice-Chancellor, IT Infrastructure to enable the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and University leadership to make investment decisions that balance and prioritize current operational demands, disruptions and opportunities with the longer-term strategic vision of the university. Additionally, the Manager, IT Architecture & Engineering will assist the Assistant Vice-Chancellor, IT Infrastructure in the development of technology guidance, road maps, principles, standards and best practices in order to deliver and maintain the IT team’s technology strategic roadmap.
Strategy & Planning
- Assists with developing an IT architecture to effectively support the business unit strategic direction
- Assists with the development of architectural policies, standards, guidelines and procedures
- Assists with the development of a communication plan for architecture at the enterprise level
- Assists with the development and maintenance of “Big Picture” network, systems and service diagrams
- Manages the research and evaluation of emerging technology, industry and market trends
- Ensures the conceptual completeness of technical solutions
- Leads teams in developing technology plans
Acquisition & Deployment
- Ensures that solutions are consistent with the overall IT Infrastructure vision
- Collaborates with project management and IT leaders to ensure architectural alignment with project goals and requirements
- Consults with project teams to fit projects to enterprise architecture, as well as to identify when it is necessary to modify the enterprise architecture.
- Design, plan, and implement new IT solutions and/or major enhancements to existing solutions
- Ensure the A&E team is capable of providing Tier 3 support for IT provided services and systems
- Provides hands-on support for all DU IT systems and services as required
- Responsible for driving the “One DU” culture through values and customer service standards
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner
- Coach, mentor and manage the IT Architecture & Engineering team
- Hire and retain high-performance team members as necessary
- Oversee Tier 3 support including, but is not limited to, physical servers, operating systems, storage, virtual server infrastructure, AAA services, networking and remote data center services
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Exceptional service orientation
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Able to read, write, speak, understand and satisfactorily communicate with others in English in person, over the phone and via email
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science, information systems, computer engineering, system analysis or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- 7 or more years of IT industry work experience including network design and deployment, systems lifecycle management and IT infrastructure planning and operations
- 7 or more years of IT work experience planning, deploying and managing solutions consisting of Windows and Linux servers, Active Directory and LDAP, Load-balancing, Cisco routing and switching, and NAS/SAN storage.
- 7 or more years of IT industry work experience with enterprise-class backup and restore procedures
- Experience in disaster recovery and business continuity planning
- Experience participating in and/or managing cross-functional project teams or projects
- Industry related certifications such as Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA), Cisco Certified Networking Professional (CCNP), VMWare Certified Professional (VCP), Amazon Certified Cloud Practitioner, Veeam Certified Engineer (VMCE)
- 3 years or more years management experience in an Information Technology environment
- The work environment is a university with cyclical periods of increased workloads with the possibility of moderate to high stress levels.
- The unit is one of several working collaboratively and cooperatively in a team-based organization.
- The position may require working irregular hours including both weekends and evenings.
- The work environment consists of surroundings with moderate noise levels and frequent contact with electrical devices.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions which include:
- Ability to sit in front of a computer for an extended period of time.
- Stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; teach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl under desk/tables to troubleshoot cables and network connections; talk or hear; walk-up flights of stairs.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Evenings and weekends as required.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Jamuary 17, 2020.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.