Administrative Assistant, Daniels College of Business
Job no: 492896
Work type: Staff Part-Time
Location: Denver, CO
Categories: Admin / Executive / Office Support
The Part-Time Administrative Assistant will be the receptionist for the Office of the Dean and support two Associate/Assistant Deans in scheduling meetings, maintaining calendars, and handling correspondence as well as providing general office support for the Dean’s Office, such as receiving visitors and handling phone calls. The Administrative Assistant may also perform light bookkeeping duties. This position is located in the Office of the Dean at the Daniels College of Business at the University of Denver.
This is a non-benefited position not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
- Perform general assistant duties for associate/assistant deans within the Office. This would include, but not limited to, setting meetings with internal and external constituents, managing calendars, handling telephone calls, mail and correspondence, providing back up materials, and making travel and conference/training arrangements. In general this position will provide support to insure that the productivity of deans time is maximized.
- Perform various financial functions using the financial modules of the Banner and Concur software systems, including the origination and/or review of expense reports, direct pays and purchase requisitions. The purpose is to insure that financial transactions are processed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Perform various functions using the human resources module of the Banner software system, including payroll and position posting. Purpose: Assist with the hiring, pay and other personnel actions of the College. Impact is the timely flow of transactions through the Office of Finance and Administration for the College.
- Maintain the filing system for the Office of Finance and Administration, which includes highly confidential salary and personnel information. Have information readily available and confidentiality preserved.
- Perform receptionist and general office support to the offices staff, including greeting visitors and directing them appropriately, ordering supplies, trouble-shooting equipment problems, distributing incoming mail, arranging for parking permits for visitors and assembling materials. Insure the smooth operations and welcoming atmosphere of the office.
- Serve as member of the administrative team for the Office of the Dean, providing backup as needed to insure the Office of the Dean receives adequate support when faced with heavy demands or staff absences.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficient knowledge of latest computer software to include word processing, spreadsheets, calendar program.
- Typing 50 wpm.
- 10-key calculator.
- Organizational skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Above average language skills for written and oral communications.
- Reasoning ability necessary in order to make independent judgement.
- Willingness to take initiative.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- High school diploma.
- 2 years related administrative experience.
- Experience with Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
- Associate degree or higher with business emphasis.
- 4+ years related administrative experience.
- 2+ years experience in higher education environment
- Experience with Banner/Ellucian ERP and experience with Concur.
Half days between 8:00-4:30, five days/week. Exact hours to be determined with successful candidate
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on January 21, 2020
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The hourly range for the position is $15.00 -$18.50
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.