Job no: 492898
Work type: Staff Part-Time
Location: Glenwood Springs, CO
Categories: Admin / Executive / Office Support
The Graduate School of Social Work (GSSW) is a vibrant community of scholars and teachers committed to having a diverse faculty and student body. The School’s curriculum, research, and community partnerships emphasize social and economic justice, along with an understanding of and respect for social, political, and cultural diversity both nationally and internationally. GSSW provides an intellectual, collegial, and supportive environment that fosters interdisciplinary and international educational opportunities. GSSW engages in collaborative projects locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally. GSSW and the University of Denver are committed to enhancing the diversity of faculty and staff.
The Administrative Assistant position supports the Western Colorado distance education program in social work located in Glenwood Springs, CO. The position will provide secretarial, technical and educational support to the Program Director, the assistant Program Director, Faculty and Field Liaisons. This Administrative Assistant must be able to operate independently, provide exceptional customer service and demonstrate a high level of professionalism. This position reports to the Program Director.
This is a non-benefited position not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
- Create and maintain databases including those for professional contacts, students, field agencies, field instructors, adjunct faculty, and advisory committees.
- Produce directories and coordinate mass mailings utilizing current data base information.
- Provide phone coverage and reception duties during assigned office hours.
- Inventory and order office supplies as needed.
- Respond to information requests from the Denver office (mailing lists, book lists, etc.)
- Track and record expense records, submit reimbursement requests.
- Assist in ordering books for each quarter.
- Maintain office equipment.
- Assist in meeting, training, conference planning and implementation; schedule venues, coordinate food and supplies; track expenses; produce and distribute promotional materials, track registrations and RSVPs.
- Create and maintain forms related to the functioning of the program.
- Create and maintain a shared drive of all current databases and forms for access by and use of the staff.
- Create and maintain up to date office procedures.
- Maintain up to date class, office activities and Program Director schedules.
- Assist in technology needs of academic program.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work independently.
- Organizational skills in developing and managing projects and education functions.
- Ability to understand FERPA and confidentiality laws.
- Demonstrates cultural sensitivity and ability to relate to diverse groups.
- Ability to analyze data and create reports.
- Excellent writing, typing and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment, knowledge and ability to effectively engage individuals from broadly diverse communities
- High School diploma or GED
- Two years of experience with computerized data management systems and application to office functions (mailing, tracking, reporting).
- Two years of experience in PowerPoint, Excel (calculation, data collection and forms production) and formatting of Microsoft Word documents (mailings, flyers, marketing materials).
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in higher education
- Ability to sit in front of a computer for an extended period of time
- Ability to transport objects up to 20 lbs.
- 20 hours per week, availability to work Friday evenings 5-8 PM, and Saturdays 8 AM -5 PM required. Flexible schedule Monday-Thursdays between the hours of 9:00am - 5:00pm. The position is located in Glenwood Springs, Colorado. Preferred candidates are based in Western Colorado.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) January 24, 2020.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The hourly range for the position is $16.00 -$17.00
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.