The Office of Graduate Education (OGE) strives to provide exceptional leadership and service in advocating for excellence and integrity in all graduate programs at the University of Denver. Dedicated to quality, innovation, engagement, integrity, and inclusion, the OGE maintains the highest standards in enrollment management and student Services, focused on providing an excellent experience from inquiry to alumni association.
Under the direction of the Vice Provost for Research and Graduate Education and the Assistant Provost of Admissions and Graduate Education, OGE partners with deans, academic units, GSG and University governance on recruitment and retention, fellowships and financial aid, academic assessment, and program review to continually improve the quality of graduate education at DU.
In consultation with the Provost and Graduate Council, OGE is responsible for the authorship and oversight of graduate policy, upholding standards with fairness and respect to all. In all that we do, the OGE supports the University's commitment to creating a diverse, ethical, and intellectually vibrant campus community.
As a key member of the graduate admissions team, the assistant director works with staff in OGE and academic units to support graduate student recruitment and admission strategies and goals across the institution. The successful candidate must have the ability to multi-task with detail, work effectively in a team setting, and develop and maintain strong professional relationships with the academic and administrative leadership teams of DU's 10 graduate and professional schools and colleges offering more than 120 degree programs. Contributing to the University of Denver's strategic mission, supporting the enrollment goals of graduate academic units, communicating University policy, upholding graduate admission standards and assisting in the processing of admission applications are essential duties and responsibilities assigned to the Assistant Director of Graduate Education. The position reports to the Associate Director of Graduate Education.
- Provide exceptional service to prospective students, applicants, faculty, and administrators supporting the University of Denver's enrollment goals and the institutional mission.
- Work collaboratively with faculty and staff from the DU graduate academic units to establish processes, manage the enrollment funnel, execute and QC electronic communications, and support the Slate CRM needs of the unit.
- Assist in application management across graduate programs; evaluate credentials of prospective domestic and international applicants. Prepare completed files to be forwarded to faculty committees for admission review for both traditional and online programs.
- Collaborate and work with the DU office of ISSS to assist in applicant issues.
- Collaborate with Graduate Academic Departments (Program Directors, Faculty, Associate Deans, etc.) with respect to admission of applicants.
- Assist in the oversight of student workers to manage office processes.
- Responsible for assisting in maintaining accurate system integration through the removal of duplicate records, data audits, and report reviews.
- Support the successful enrollment of students by timely and accurate review and management of their application documents across data systems.
- The Assistant Director interfaces regularly with the CRM and Systems team in OGE to analyze business practices, evaluate needs of the unit, and review and recommend software to improve efficiency and leverage functionality.
- Works collaboratively with administrative offices and academic departments to define, develop and document office and inter-office policies and procedures.
- Participates in testing of upgrades and new releases of CRM system. Assist in creating, and maintaining training documentation and assist in training sessions related to student software systems and processes for university staff and faculty.
- Manages projects, people and tasks to ensure goals and objectives are completed on time.
- Works collaboratively with all colleagues to ensure optimal service satisfaction.
- Attend and participate in OGE sponsored on/off campus events.
- Assist in maintaining accurate admission requirements and policies on the OGE website.
- Other duties assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Ability to prioritize projects and multi-task
- High level of accuracy and organization
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to generate reports using report-generation tools and analyze data to support the strategic planning efforts of OGE and the academic units enrollment efforts.
- Must be able to carry out needs assessment, system integration and design support and general change management support.
- Bachelor's degree
- 1 year of experience working in admissions or higher education
- 2+ years of experience working in admissions or higher education
- Experience with SLATE and the Ellucian (SunGard) Banner Student/Admissions module
- Experience working with international students, TOEFL, IELTS, and international documents
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., extended hours occasionally required
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on February 20, 2020.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.