Job no: 492936
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Denver, CO
Categories: Accounting / Finance
The Shared Services Center is comprised of a diverse group of experts in multiple fields. Our passion is working together and collaborating with other departments to reduce administrative burden on Faculty and Staff, so that they can focus on supporting the education of our students. We strive to be a trusted and innovative partner delivering exemplary administrative services in support of the DU community. The Shared Services Center is committed to maintaining a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to effectively engage with individuals from diverse communities.
The Payments Specialist performs professional duties related to the administration, maintenance and payment of DU financial obligations relating to vendor payments and travel and expense reimbursement. Focus is on timely and efficient audit payment of invoices and other obligations as well as high quality service provided to internal customers.
- Acts as a liaison to internal customers in matters pertaining to payment obligations and travel/expense reimbursements
- Ensures payments adhere to DU policies and procedures
- Enters invoices to be paid
- Reviews payment transactions for accuracy and compliance
- Reconciles vendor statements
- Prints and mails payments according to department schedule
- Answer inquiries from units and outside vendors regarding accounts payable and related matters
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Understanding of payments workflow and practices
- Knowledge of university policies
- Understanding and knowledge of business processes and systems
- Understanding and appreciation for automation and the use of technology as an enabler of high quality services and performance levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of higher education culture, governance, structures and mission
- Demonstrated focus on customer service and compliance
- Experience managing multiple priorities in a fast paced deadline driven environment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years of direct job-related experience
- Bachelors degree.
- 2-4 years of direct experience in a purchasing or payments role.
- Experience in higher education working environment.
- Experience with Banner Finance.
- Team oriented
- Engaged, professional, supportive
- Challenge the status quo to seek highest levels of performance and service quality
1. Ability to sit in front of a computer for an extended period of time.
2. Occasionally required to move about the office/campus with the capability of transporting objects up to 20 lbs.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Evenings and weekends as required.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on February 10, 2020.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
the hourly range for the position is $19.00 - $19.68.
Salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.