The University of Denver is seeking a driven and passionate professional to coordinate Events and Marketing projects in the Daniel F. Ritchie School of Engineering and Computer Science (RSECS). There has never been a more exciting time to represent a private university devoted to the public good, enable our mission of translating passion to purpose, and enjoy a professional experience in one of Americas growing metropolitan cities.
This role will work directly with the Marketing and Communications team as well as Graduate Enrollment team, and our vendors to oversee the development and implementation of all Ritchie School content including email campaigns, press releases, web/blog content, print/digital collateral, and social media marketing. The content specialist collects, produces, and edits content to maintain and improve the quality of information provided.
This role will execute content production, proofing and editing for all marketing campaigns to prospects, targeted accounts, clients and customers. The Content Specialist will report to the Director of Marketing, Communications and Events, focused on building brand, user engagement and student acquisition and retention. We expect you to be comfortable building a mix of content and email campaigns that lead to increased brand awareness and loyalty. You possess a tangible track record of success; you have built out campaigns, and generally made a positive difference in the companies you have worked for.
- Development and implementation of the Ritchie School’s content strategy
- Build campaign messaging tracks of content based on buyer personas and customer profiles.
- Research, draft, create and edit marketing content, including blogs, email content, landing pages, case studies, surveys and webinars that includes timely and relevant content.
- Work with the marketing and graduate enrollment team to brainstorm, create & manage all aspects of our content and marketing calendars to support, customer awareness, adoption, and retention of the Ritchie School’s and other KPIs that support our enrollment goals
- Perform other duties and participate in special projects as assigned by the Director of Marketing, Communications, and Events.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong interest in and enthusiasm for innovation, entrepreneurship, technology and science, and a commitment to higher education’s role in serving the greater good.
- Ability to bring nimble, entrepreneurial mindset and paradigm to large, complex higher education environment.
- Sophisticated interpersonal and communication skills; including verbal communications, active listening and excellent written grammar.
- Strong attention to detail and sense of urgency.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, digital communications, graphic design or related field.
- 3 years of professional experience in graphic design, digital communications and/or marketing.
- Demonstrated experience with Adobe Creative Suite applications including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
- Experience with content management system, building pages and customizing themes and plugins.
- Demonstrated experience with email newsletter platforms (Mail Chimp, Emma, Pardot etc.).
- Experience in social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Demonstrated experience with social media marketing tactics and strategies.
- Experience with customer relationship management software, using forms to capture and manage data, and integrating various campus CRMs with digital platforms to ensure data integrity.
- Experience producing digital assets including podcasts, photo editing and/or video recording, editing, and production skills.
- Experience working with responsive designs.
- Experience with higher education customer relationship management software including Banner and Slate
- Knowledge of SEO best practices.
- Proficiency with Drupal, building pages and customizing themes and plugins.
- Previous experience planning and building automated marketing campaigns
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and Adwords
20 – 30 hours per week, Part-Time, Varies. Evenings and weekends as required.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) February 11, 2020.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The hourly range for the position is $23.00 - $25.00.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio (Marketing writing samples, Email campaigns, etc.)
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.