Business Coordinator II
Job no: 492957
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Denver, CO
Categories: Business Operations / Services
Morgridge College of Education (MCE) is a graduate college dedicated to creating positive change by unleashing the power of learning. The college infuses social justice, diversity and inclusion across its advanced degrees in higher education, teacher preparation, educational leadership and public policy, early childhood special education, counseling psychology, research methods, and library & information science. MCE’s mission is to be a force for positive change in the lives of individuals, organizations and communities by preparing highly competent, socially responsible, ethical and caring professionals; engaging in learning partnerships; contributing high-quality research; and modeling excellence in all of our educational programs.
This position serves as the Business and Operations Coordinator for the Morgridge College of Education and reports to the Assistant Dean for Budget and Operations. Responsibilities include: coordinate and process financial and personnel transactions; provide logistics planning for finalist-stage employment candidates; assist departments, centers and Grants Administrator with grant payroll compliance; serve as HRIC liaison to ensure all MCE human resources and payroll related transactions are handled in an accurate and timely fashion. This individual works with the Assistant Dean regarding financial transactions and employee position management.
- Support Budget and Operations Suite regarding financial, payroll, and hiring transactions
- Accurate completion of transactions and entries into DU systems
- Provide logistic support to MCE Search Committees
- Ensure transactions are posted in a timely manner
- Facilitate the processing and approval of all bi-weekly and monthly payrolls for the MCE Division.
- Initiate personnel transactions including but not limited to background checks, timely processing of hiring, personnel change and separation paperwork, reviewing and approving all non-benefited hiring
- Maintain the MCE DU Portfolio sites for all functions that fall under Budget & Operations
- Coordinate the adjunct and faculty overload hiring and payment processes:
- Act as point of contact for questions related to the processing and monitoring of adjunct approvals.
- Ensure adjunct hiring letters are prepared, mailed and returned.
- Ensure adjunct hiring corresponds with what is approved by the Department Chairs.
- Using information provided by Department Chairs and enrollment data, enter adjunct and overload positions into the hiring system.
- Ensure accurate salary payments for summer adjunct and overload faculty are made, based on enrollment data.
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Independently resolves and/or develops recommendations for unprecedented issues and problems. Problem resolution requires some interpretation of policy and procedures. Serves as a resource for others. Assumes responsibilities for and manages the results of decisions.
- Interprets guidelines, answers inquiries and advises others regarding processes services and operations as applied to non-standard situations.
- Performs research, data collection and analysis of information. Utilizes and manipulates data from different internal systems. Applies in-depth knowledge of various complex processes and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Highly detail oriented
- Ability to work well across multiple divisions and with a variety of constituencies, including faculty, staff, students, administration and the general public
- Self-starter, independent decision maker, helpful and motivated to serve others and solve diverse problems
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years of experience in an office setting
- Master’s Degree in Business or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in higher education and/or business setting
- Project management or event planning experience
- Experience with Banner Finance, Payroll systems or other ERP system
- Standard office environment
- Unexpected interruptions occur often and stress level is moderate to high
- Noise level is quiet to moderate
- Ability to sit in front of a computer for an extended period of time.
- Occasionally required to move about the office/campus with the capability of transporting objects up to 20 lbs.
Monday - Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm. Evenings and weekends as required.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on March 2, 2020.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The hourly range for the position is $22.50 - $24.00.
Salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.