Drupal Technical Team Lead
Job no: 492968
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Denver, CO
Categories: Marketing / Communications / Media
The Division of Marketing & Communications serves as a strategic advisor to partners and units across campus, purposefully fulfilling partners goals and objectives, helping to increase knowledge, support enrollment and engage students, alumni, faculty and staff. The division proactively shapes the University's brand and optimizes the University's reputation internally and externally in a transparent manner. In words, in pictures, online and in the news media, the Division of Communications & Marketing shares the many stories of how DU and its people are improving the human condition, for the purpose of advancing the University's strategies. The team specializes in brand management, strategic communication, community engagement, media relations, digital and social media strategy, website development, content training and strategy, print and online publications and videography and photography.
Recently, the University of Denver began an overhaul of its public web site, applying best practices for today's web communications. This has included a multi-year rollout of a university-wide CMS. Our goal is to advance this new web site as the foundation for DU marketing and the primary student recruitment vehicle. The Technical Team Lead (Drupal) position will support the expansion and sustainment of the ecosystem across all academic and business units with the goal of establishing a comprehensive web experience at DU.
We are looking for a talented Technical Team Lead (Drupal) to work directly with business and academic units across campus. This collaboration will entail understanding the specific university unit requirements that are driving the need for a customized solution to be developed in our CMS (Acquia / Drupal 8) ecosystem. This position will write the Functional Specification documents, ensure project implementation compliance, and implement the design activities required.
- Provide architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps for university units while on-boarding into our Acquia / Drupal 8 CMS.
- Collaborate on identifying user requirements by researching and analyzing user needs, preferences, objectives, and working methods.
- Develop architectural solutions/designs and communicates to stakeholders for approval, then engineers for development and implementation.
- Works with clients on defining user experience goals, and designs Drupal component architecture to meet those goals. Participate in configuring the architecture and advising on its efficient use.
Utilizes analytical, process, and/or technical skills to meet project objectives and deliverables that are self-directed and within project scope.
- Partners with Content Strategist and Senior UX / UI resources to develop information architecture.
Validates information delivery by developing and completing usability test plans; evaluating traffic patterns; studying user feedback; coordinating with Senior UX/UI colleague.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience at enterprise level leading and managing large, complex enterprise-level projects requiring integration with numerous teams and departments.
- Understanding of enterprise architecture roadmaps and able to promote solutions that make progress towards that vision.
- Translated clients requirements into specific systems, applications or process designs.
- Participated in the conceptual phases of identifying and solving business problems.
- Created solution architecture diagrams and other design artifacts representing the approach and effect of new proposed solutions.
- Successful collaboration with and guiding of development teams during all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Actively contributed to strategic planning by partnering with Project Manager to create detailed cost and time estimates for implementing business solutions, define technical scope and requirements of the project.
- Broad technical experience across different hardware platforms, operating systems, programming languages, application architectures, and associated development and operations tools.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience; or training and certification in military setting
- 3+ years of experience in Architecture/Engineering
- 2+ years of hands on Lead Drupal/PHP experience with solid experience in Drupal 8 Themes and custom module development
- Must have proven leadership experience on complex projects
- Experience building responsive sites in Drupal
- Understand Drupal best practices around performance, scalability, maintainability and design
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies is required
- REST/SOAP integration experience with Drupal based applications is required
- Knowledge and experience in developing software using agile methodologies
- Experience with Drupal upgrade projects is preferred
- Java is a strong plus, particularly on WebSphere Application Server
- Openshift experience is a strong plus
- Proven track record of technical leadership roles delivering solutions within defined timeframes
- Good understanding of HTML/CSS
1. Standard office environment.
2. Unexpected interruptions occur often and stress level is moderate to high.
3. Noise level is quiet to moderate.
1. Ability to sit in front of a computer for an extended period of time.
2. Occasionally required to move about the office/campus with the capability of transporting objects up to 20 lbs.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Evenings and weekends as required
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on March 4, 2020.
Candidates must apply online through www.jobs.du.edu">jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.