Clinical Professor, Health and Wellness (Open Rank) - Graduate School of Social Work
Job no: 492971
Work type: Faculty Full-Time
Location: Denver, CO
The Graduate School of Social Work (GSSW) is among the finest graduate schools of social work in the country. GSSW currently has a competitive PhD program and offers a Master's of Social Work degree at three campuses as well as an online program. The GSSW is a vibrant center for intellectual development, a leader in promoting diverse communities, and an advocate for an integrated and inclusive model of social work. Our mission is to foster social responsibility regarding social and economic justice, quality of life and multicultural communities, based on equality for all people.
The Graduate School of Social Work (GSSW) is a collegial and progressive community of scholars and teachers who work with diverse populations across the life cycle and who are committed to excellence in teaching. The school's curriculum, research, and community partnerships emphasize social justice, and social work values and ethics, with an understanding of and respect for social and cultural diversity. GSSW provides a supportive environment that fosters interdisciplinary and community-based research and interactions. Cross-disciplinary opportunities abound as evidenced by the University's Impact 2025 strategic plan. The faculty at GSSW engages in major collaborative projects locally, nationally, and internationally. In addition, the Denver metropolitan area and state of Colorado offer excellent opportunities for working with a variety of populations. GSSW and the University of Denver are committed to enhancing the diversity of faculty and staff.
- Teach seven classes over three quarters per academic year in one or more areas of the Foundation and Concentration MSW curriculum, specifically within the Health and Wellness Concentration.
- Teach across all platforms and locations; including Denver campus, off site locations and online MSW@Denver program.
- Provide service to the school, university, community, and discipline including work on various committees.
- Provide students with mentoring and academic advising.
- Continuation and development of new courses.
- May occasionally supervise additional independent studies.
- Provide leadership over multi section courses.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated commitment, knowledge and ability to effectively engage individuals from broadly diverse communities.
- Demonstrated ability to teach at the university level, reflecting the schools and disciplines commitment to social justice.
- Excellent communication skills for classroom teaching, student advising, and mentoring.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Strong critical thinking and reasoning skills for handling the complexity of a faculty member's role.
- Ability to travel to professional meetings.
- Master of Social Work (MSW) degree from a Council of Social Work Education (CSWE) accredited institution.
- Five or more years post-MSW practice experience in health, medical, integrated behavioral health, public health or other health related areas.
- Evidence of academic and/or health care leadership reflective of rank. Applicants must meet the schools requirements for the given rank.
- LCSW in addition to an MSW.
- Prior graduate teaching experience, extensive health practice experience, and knowledge of health policy.
- Experience in online teaching or hybrid courses.
Review of application will begin April 1, 2020 and will continue to be reviewed until the position is filled.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter(Include a statement of teaching philosophy)
- Teaching Evaluations (If Applicable)
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.