Visiting Assistant Professor, Mathematics
Job no: 492993
Work type: Faculty Full-Time
Location: Denver, CO
The Department of Mathematics at the University of Denver invites applications for a Visiting Assistant Professor position in Mathematics to begin on September 1, 2020. This is a non tenure-track position that may be renewed for a maximum of three years.
The University of Denver is a medium-size (12,000 students) private university located in a thriving metropolis at the base of the Rocky Mountains.
The Department of Mathematics is strongly committed to building a diverse and inclusive educational environment, which is in full accord with the value that DU places on Inclusive Excellence. Candidates must demonstrate ability to work effectively with, ethnically/racially diverse populations.
The Department of Mathematics consists of twenty faculty and offers bachelors, masters and doctorate degrees. Active areas of research include algebraic logic, combinatorics, ergodic theory, functional analysis, graph theory, nonassociative algebra, noncommutative geometry, number theory, operator theory, probability, representation theory, set theory, statistical physics and topological dynamics.
- Teach five courses over three quarters during the 9-month academic year.
- Conduct research.
- ABD at time of application will be considered;
- Ph.D. in mathematics completed between May 1, 2014 and September 1, 2020
- Experience in teaching college mathematics.
- Demonstrate evidence of research ability and potential.
- Preference will be given to applicants whose work overlaps with the research interests of the current faculty and who have demonstrated experience or commitment to engage effectively with historically underrepresented communities.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on March 31, 2020
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Additionally, applicants should submit their materials through www.mathjobs.org, which includes the required documented outlined below
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Research Statement
- Teaching Statement
- Publication List
- Four of more reference letters with three concerning research and one teaching
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.