Part-Time Administrative Support and Research
Job no: 492998
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Denver, CO
Categories: Admin / Executive / Office Support, Business Operations / Services
This temporary position will provide administrative support to the office of Career Development & Opportunities (“CDO”) at the Sturm College of Law (“SCOL”). The primary duties of this position involve collecting, inputting and appropriately documenting information regarding recent graduates’ employment outcomes. This project includes surveying recent graduates on their employment outcomes as well as performing related web research, telephone calls, email correspondence and other follow-up. Finally, the employee handles administrative and office tasks which can include, but is not limited to, scheduling appointments, job postings, greeting visitors and overall support for the office’s staff. Interested parties should apply as soon as possible as we plan to hire quickly.
This is a non-benefited position not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year. Please note that this is a temporary, project-based position that will start as soon as possible and will end on April 17, 2020.
The ideal candidate must be able to work independently under general direction, manage several tasks with close attention to detail, meet established deadlines, and provide excellent service to students, faculty, University staff and community members under a variety of circumstances.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to do basic math
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to complete tasks promptly and accurately with limited direction and with strong attention to detail
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, reports and other pertinent information
- Ability to interact with faculty and employees and communicate effectively and sensitively with students, faculty and staff from a diverse range of backgrounds
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships
- High School Diploma
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications
- One year or more in an administrative support setting
- Experience in a legal/office environment.
- Experience in a university setting
20 – 37.5 hours per week during the hours of Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Some after-hours work may be required on an as-needed basis.
The pay for this position is $13.50.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m MST on Monday, March 16. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply ASAP as hiring will be on a rolling basis.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter (optional)
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.