The University of Denver (DU) has the distinction of being the oldest independent university in the Rocky Mountain region, giving it a tradition of 150 years of academic excellence. The University of Denver's college of professional and continuing studies, University College, is a leader in adult education, providing fully accredited and affordable educational opportunities specifically designed for busy adults since 1938.
University College seeks a dynamic, well-organized Marketing and Communications Coordinator to research, schedule, and order media, coordinate communication, keep track of the marketing budget, and help measure performance of marketing activities.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing and Communications, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator will be the first point of contact for all vendors and media, facilitating the orders of advertising and media. This role will research advertising and public relations opportunities, both paid and organic. In addition to ordering and scheduling ads, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator will also carefully track and report the performance analytics of marketing campaigns. In collaboration with the marketing team, performance metrics will be interpreted and analyzed.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator will maintain contact lists and coordinate communication plans, including recruitment emails, the student newsletter, alumni outreach, and communication on behalf of University College partners. This individual will also assist with promoting and organizing events as needed, along with coordinating recruiting materials for events.
This individual will need to become fluent in University of Denver systems and processes, including working with the business office on setting up new vendors, contract flow, and purchase orders. This person will track the marketing budget, along with measuring the return on investment of media purchases. The Marketing and Communication coordinator will craft streamlined, well-designed reports on marketing performance.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator will follow best practices in marketing with a focus on continuing education marketing, and will align with University College's core values: honor the individual, champion learning, transform lives, work together, and pursue excellence.
- Project Management
- Create and maintain a production calendar for all marketing initiatives, coordinate project workflow, deadlines, and media schedules.
- Traffic multiple creative, event, and communications projects while reporting deliverables and deadlines to marketing team.
- Facilitate design and communication project requests with internal clients and maintain project approval process and tools using appropriate project management tools (Asana)
- Coordinate timing of email and direct mailings while maintaining audience lists
- Maintain contact lists
- Serve as primary contact for vendors and media for University College programs.
- Event Coordination
- Assist in coordinating University College events, including registration and attendee communication
- Create promotion plans for events
- Manage recruitment event materials including providing content, graphics, and logos to tradeshow contacts
- Marketing Support
- Assist with in-house printing and production of small-run jobs
- Assist with regulating and updating branding, identity, and marketing promotional pieces for print and web while adhering to graphic, editorial, and web standards
- Research media opportunities and target audiences, including media kit requests
- Other duties as assigned
- Budget Support
- Negotiate media orders for college marketing and advertising plans
- Execute placement in line with production schedule
- Properly record expense encumbrances and work with marketing team to track marketing expenses
- Support University College Business Officer in contract processes and vendor onboarding
- Performance Tracking
- Ensure accuracy of placed advertising
- Consistently track performance of marketing activities using analytics
- Report back to marketing team the performance of marketing activities
- Develop streamlined, aesthetically pleasing reports
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Superior project management skills
- Effective at facilitating contracts, tracking budgets, and working with vendors
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and creative while managing multiple projects
- Goal-oriented, entrepreneurial, and self-starter who is flexible
- Experience with negotiation
- High degree of emotional intelligence and strong intercultural appreciation and awareness
- Helpful and motivated to serve others
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a small and productive team while keeping others on task
- Demonstrates ability to maintain a positive attitude and be part of a yes we can team
- Anticipates challenges/issues, develops appropriate and effective solutions, and executes them
- Bachelors degree
- 2 years of marketing experience with project management or account management responsibilities
- Demonstrated experience in Excel
- Masters degree in marketing, business, journalism, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in a marketing role with higher education focus
- Experience with Slate or consumer relationship management tool.
- Experience in project management tools like Asana or Basecamp
- Experience in Google Analytics
- Experience in Tableau, Power BI or similar data tool
1. Fast-paced office environment.
2. Frequent interruptions occur often due to specific deadlines and stress level is moderate to high.
3. Noise level is moderate.
1. Ability to sit in front of a computer for an extended period of time.
2. Occasionally required to move about the office/campus with the capability of transporting objects up to 20 lbs.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Evenings and weekends as required.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on April 7, 2020.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.