Postdoc Research Associate
Job no: 493015
Work type: Postdoc / Research / Fellow
Location: Denver, CO
Categories: Postdoc / Fellow, Research
The Daniel Felix Ritchie School of Engineering and Computer Science (ECS) at the University of Denver is seeking highly motivated individuals for the position of postdoctoral research fellow. This is a 5-month position, starting on May 1, 2020. This position will support the ongoing DOE project on Microgrid-Integrated Solar-Storage Technology. The position is renewable up to two years base on the availability of funding.
The selected postdoctoral research fellow will assist in ongoing collaboration with project partners while helping in promoting associated research and development activities. The essential responsibilities are as follows:
- Engage in independent research, scholarship, and creative work under the guidance of an assigned mentor. The fellow will also be expected to be active in the DU community of scholars engaged in research and teaching.
- Participate in campus-wide efforts in bridging various academic divisions and departments in related areas of research and education.
- Take the lead in one of the strategic research areas and be active in closely working with project lead and partners in progressing the project goals.
- PhD in Electrical Engineering.
- Strong methodological training and a record of successful publication in the related field.
- Committed to working with academe and industry.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Applications will continue to be reviewed until the position is filled.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Research
- 2 professional references
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.