Irrigation Technician, Golf Club at Highlands Ranch
Job no: 493093
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO
Categories: Golf Course, Maintenance / Grounds / Skilled Trades, Athletics / Recreation
University of Denver Golf Club at Highlands Ranch is an 18-hole, semi-private golf club featuring a Hale Irwin designed championship golf course. The course, which opened in 1998, features a great variety of immaculately groomed holes. The 7,179 yard, par 72 layout boasts expansive bentgrass greens that many say are the best in the region. The University of Denver Golf Club at Highlands Ranch is a part of the Division of Athletics & Recreation of the University of Denver.
The Irrigation Technician maintains the irrigation equipment located at University of Denver Golf Club at Highlands Ranch. This equipment can include sprinklers, water lines, pumps, suction devices, valves and other plumbing equipment. This equipment can sometimes be buried underground and must be excavated to be maintained, so irrigation technicians should be comfortable working with digging equipment such as backhoes, shovels and augers. The irrigation technician reports to the golf course superintendent.
- Perform the operation, installation, maintenance and repair of manual, semi-automatic and automatic irrigation systems.
- Install, maintain and repair drainage system.
- Requires working knowledge of basic electricity and hydraulics related to an irrigation system, including automatic valves and controllers and various typed of pumps and pumping systems.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Machines or equipment used by the position: tractor and backhoe, trenching equipment. mowing equipment, utility carts, general golf course maintenance equipment.
- Ability to perform irrigation audits.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages.
- Familiarity with financial concepts such as budget development.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization may exist.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
- High school diploma or GED diploma.
- Two years of underground lawn sprinkler system repair and installation experience; OR, ny equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Valid driver's license.
- Previous golf course experience.
Must be available to work weekends.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The hourly range for the position is $18.00 - $20.00.
Please include the following documents with your application:
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.