Field Coordinator, Office of Field Education - Graduate School of Social Work
Job no: 493120
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Denver, CO
Categories: Academic Advising, Student Affairs / Services, Academic Administration
The Graduate School of Social Work (GSSW) is a vibrant community of scholars and teachers committed to having a diverse faculty and student body. The Schools curriculum, research, and community partnerships emphasize social and economic justice, along with an understanding of and respect for social, political, and cultural diversity both nationally and internationally. GSSW provides an intellectual, collegial, and supportive environment that fosters interdisciplinary and international educational opportunities. GSSW engages in collaborative projects locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally. GSSW and the University of Denver are committed to enhancing the diversity of faculty and staff.
The Graduate School of Social Work has two openings for Field Coordinators. The Field Coordinator in the Office of Field Education assumes a leadership role in providing a student centered placement process. Under the supervision of the Associate Director for Online Field Education, this position will establish partnerships between the Graduate School of Social Work and the community agencies for the purpose of securing quality placements for all students in the social work program. Additional responsibilities include placement data tracking and management, agency and supervisor development, event and training coordination and facilitation, and database development. The Field Coordinator will work across all programs, but will have primary responsibility in the MSW@Denver program.
The University is particularly interested in applicants who have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated commitment to improving access to higher education for under-represented groups.
Coordinate Student Placements
- Meet with students to assess learning needs, match with appropriate agencies and follow-up until successful confirmation of placement.
- Manage requests for unique student placements and initiate contact to develop and approve new sites.
- Coordinate with 2U Placement Team and Student Support Services regarding MSW@Denver students in special circumstances, including leave of absences, delayed starts, and field disruptions.
- Maintain and distribute accurate MSW@Denver student placement lists, and manage change of placement information, including communication across all constituents.
Coordinate Agency Field Placements
- Review and approve all agency placements initiated by 2U Placement Team.
- Review and approve all requests from 2U Placement Team for off-site field instructors, and coordinate the matching process.
- Recruit, screen, and assess potential agencies to determine suitability for social work students, and determine appropriate student level for each agency.
- Provide consultation and mentorship to new agencies on structuring internships, and developing appropriate learning activities for students to meet program and accreditation requirements.
- Update all materials for agency screening visits, and coordinate with Field Program Manager to ensure materials are updated and available.
- Coordinate with 2U Placement Team regarding interface between Salesforce and GSSW Internship Database to ensure unified One GSSW approach.
Other Department and Field Program Responsibilities
- Coordination of field seminar courses, instructor communications.
- Event and training coordination for Student Field Orientations, development of training resources.
- Coordinate on behalf of MSW@Denver field between GSSW student services, registrar, admissions, and other departments to support students including refining policies and processes.
- Participate regularly in inter-departmental meetings to support cross-functional systems.
- Represent the Field Office on community panels and at community events.
- Work in tandem with Field Program Manager to develop field database; and work to integrate all programs into a unified database.
- Serve as a member of the Field Team, participating in events, policy making, process decisions and other areas as needed.
- Serve on departmental committees as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated computer skills and proficiency with MS Office Suite.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects at once and on time.
- Strong skills in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to act as a liaison between multiple individuals, businesses or agencies.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain efficient office work flow and administrative processes.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Demonstrated commitment, knowledge and ability to effectively engage individuals from broadly diverse communities.
- MSW degree from a Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) accredited institution.
- 2 years of relevant post MSW practice experience.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations or trainings and managing events.
- Experience working with a database or CRM.
- Experience with manipulating and understanding large amounts of data.
- Experience advising students.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Thursday, July 9, 2020.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
$50,000 - $54,000/annually. Commensurate with experience.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.