Assistant Professor, Korbel School of International Studies
Job no: 493251
Work type: Faculty Full-Time
Location: Denver, CO
The Josef Korbel School of International Studies at the University of Denver is seeking to fill three tenure-track positions at the assistant professor level to begin September 2021. The Korbel School is a recognized leader in international studies education and scholarship that serves an undergraduate major, MA students, and a small, selective PhD program. The school is strongly committed to building a diverse and inclusive educational environment in full accord with the value that DU places on its commitments to diversity, equity and inclusion.
We are interested in candidates working in the following areas related to global concerns: security (broadly construed), development and its alternatives, sustainability and the environment, and/or long-term integrated assessment modeling, scenario building and quantitative methods. We are especially interested in candidates with research that crosses disciplinary boundaries, connects these broad areas to each other or to additional Korbel priorities in social justice and democracy, and can contribute to diversity, equity and inclusion through their teaching, research, and service.
- PhD (ABD considered for an Assistant Professor hire with completion date before September 1, 2021). If dissertation is not complete, individual will hold the title of Instructor.
- Strong record of research.
- Ability to contribute to the undergraduate and graduate programs at the Josef Korbel School.
- Ability to integrate content about and work effectively with ethnically/racially diverse populations.
To receive full consideration, please submit your application materials by October 15, 2020.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Questions about the position can be directed to Professor Deborah Avant at Deborah.Avant@du.edu.
Salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Letter of Interest
- Writing Sample (or Publication)
- Research Statement
- Teaching Statement
- Sample Syllabi (if available)
- One-page statement of how the applicant can contribute to values and practices embracing diversity, equity and inclusivity
- Teaching Evaluations (if available)
- Names and contact information of three people willing to write letters of reference
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.