Videographer, Division of Marketing & Communications
Job no: 493255
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Denver, CO
Categories: Marketing / Communications / Media
The Division of Marketing & Communications serves as a strategic advisor to partners and units across campus; purposefully fulfilling partners goals and objectives, helping to increase knowledge, support enrollment and engage students, alumni, faculty and staff. The division proactively shapes the University's brand and optimizes the University's reputation internally and externally in a transparent manner. The Division of Marketing and Communications shares the many stories of how the University and its people are improving the human condition, for the purpose of advancing the University's strategies. The University of Denver's Division of Marketing & Communications is committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment.
The University of Denver is looking for a full-time Videographer to shoot, edit and deliver high-quality video and motion graphics content in support of the University's strategic vision, mission and brand. As part of the Division of Marketing & Communications, the Videographer will play a critical role in visual storytelling and audience engagement for the University, its departments, centers and units. This position will be located in Denver and the individual will need to be able to work on campus when necessary.
- Captures and creates compelling, professional video, audio and motion graphics content for broadcast, digital and social environments, focused on marketing student enrollment, campus life, alumni and donor relations.
- Manages film sessions, including hardware, lighting, sound, and other aspects of pre- and post-production.
- Provides coverage of major campus events, celebrations and accomplishments.
- Operates, maintains, troubleshoots, and performs repairs to division-owned video production, lighting and audio equipment.
- Works independently and as part of a team.
- Manages multiple projects, timelines and production schedules simultaneously to achieve business goals and objectives.
- Works collaboratively with MarComm staff, division management and University clients to ensure video solutions align with the University's brand strategy and meet the needs of both the division and client.
- Proactively identifies and develops video projects, including concepting, storyboard, production, shooting, and editing of final assets.
- Researches, prepares and performs interviews with campus stakeholders and subject matter experts, as needed for video content requests.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Creative self-starter with a deep understanding of visual storytelling.
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Accustomed to working in a high-volume, team-based, deadline-driven environment. Ability to effectively manage multiple projects, timelines and priorities simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Ability to collaborate with and accept feedback from clients, project managers, producers, art and creative directors.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in professional video, audio and/or editing and post-production procedures, techniques, software and standards.
- Familiar with video strategies and creative needs specific to social media platforms, including YouTube, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. Knowledgeable regarding best practices, asset specifications, restrictions, and content guidelines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate with clients and colleagues of all backgrounds and skill levels.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a related field (journalism, filmmaking, film production, visual arts, etc.) or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum 4-6 years of professional videography, filmmaking and editing experience (e.g., at an agency or production company; in-house with a corporation, non-profit organization or higher education institution; as part of a newsroom or broadcast media, etc.).
- Experience operating and maintaining professional-level video, lighting & audio equipment in the field and in studio environments.
- Editing experience using professional editing software (Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, After Effects, etc.).
- Professional experience with still photography.
- Professional experience with drone/UAV videography and technology.
Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with flexibility in schedule, including occasional availability on evenings and weekends. Occasional availability on evenings and weekends in support of campus events and project requests.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Tuesday, September 29, 2020.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
- Link to your reel or example of video project (maximum of 4).
- Link to finished video project (maximum of 4). Please provide your role in the project (e.g. video, film edited, produced).
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.