Assistant Housing Protocol Coordinator
Job no: 493258
Work type: Staff Part-Time
Location: Denver, CO
Categories: Student Affairs / Services, Student Health / Counseling
In close collaboration with campus partners including HRE, HCC, SOS, the COVID Health Planning Group, and others, the Housing Health Coordinator will serve as primary, central contact and coordinator for implementation of DU’s special housing and student support protocols during the COVID pandemic. While not responsible for directly providing all support, they will act as a primary connector of services for all students under DU isolation and quarantine protocols, connecting them to resources supporting their overall health and day-to-day activities.
This is a temporary, non-benefited position that will not exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
- Under the guidance of the Housing Protocol Coordinator, manage access and check-in process to isolation/quarantine spaces (residence halls, campus apartments master leases, chapter houses) and ensure necessary items are readied (keys and C-Cure access, check-in materials, transfers, room supplies, check-out/release).
- With Housing, Facilities and Custodial staff, coordinate preparation, maintenance, and cleaning of relevant campus spaces.
- With the COVID coordinator and HRE team, coordinate deliveries to students, including off-cycle meals and care packages.
- Participate in an on-call system to handle urgent logistics.
Student Resources (social, academic, etc.)
- Prepare and provide ongoing communication to students under isolation/quarantine restrictions, including how-to instructions, available resources, and answering questions and addressing issues as they arise.
- With Student Outreach & Support, HCC, HRE, FSL, and others, coordinate regular contact with students and resources in support of their broader well-being.
- Serve as advocate for affected students through close communication with them, service providers, and campus leadership.
- Along with campus partners, provide consultation with concerned family and friends of students under isolation/quarantine restrictions.
- Update information, as needed, in confidential database of students under isolation/quarantine restrictions.
- Observe patterns in and any issues with protocols, prepare and communicate regular reports on usage and processes, and work with partners to make ongoing improvements for all.
- Provide support for those who are providing care and outreach to students living in isolation/quarantine spaces, including HRE staff, and Fraternity and Sorority Life chapter leadership and roommates.
- Participate in campus COVID-related planning, working closely with the Housing Protocol Coordinator, DU COVID Coordinators, working groups, and campus and community partners.
- Support education and outreach efforts to larger campus community around public health and protocols.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills including planning, establishing priorities, and multi-tasking.
- Customer service or similar experience directly handling stakeholder concerns.
- Ability and comfort to do some in-person, on-campus work wearing personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Minimum of two (2) years of related experience.
- Master's degree in Public Health, Social Work, Counseling, Higher Education, Student development or related field.
- One or more years of experience working in higher education setting.
- Experience with StarRez and C-cure software systems.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The hourly rate for the position is $17.00.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.