Visiting Teaching Professor (Open Rank), Computer Science for Data Science
Job no: 493341
Work type: Faculty Full-Time
Location: Denver, CO
The Daniel Felix Ritchie School of Engineering and Computer Science at the University of Denver is creating the future of technology by providing an education emphasizing cross-disciplinary knowledge. Faculty members are creating multidisciplinary education and research programs that anticipate technological trends in research and industry. Students conduct leading edge research that combines traditional engineering and computer science with emerging disciplines to create unique solutions to old and new problems and opportunities.
The Department of Computer Science at the University of Denver is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment. We especially encourage applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities, and veterans.
We invite applications for a non-tenure track Visiting Teaching Assistant Professor for the 2020-2021 academic year beginning January 1, 2021. Appointments at the Associate or Full Visiting Teaching Professor level may be possible for well qualified applicants. The visiting appointment is a one-year contract, renewable on a yearly basis.
The hired individual will be responsible for teaching primarily graduate level computer science courses and in particular, courses in our Data Science program. Duties include teaching six courses per year in a quarter-based system, advising students, and participating in department and university service. These positions do not require research. The successful applicant will have a passion for teaching and a demonstrated ability to teach Computer Science courses.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to teach computer science and/or data science courses.
- A diverse portfolio of teaching abilities, able to teach multiple classes on different topics.
- A solid understanding of modern data science tools, especially around Python and related technology.
- An inclusive mindset.
- PhD degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Previous experience teaching computer science courses.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with culturally responsive teaching methods and/or pedagogies to effectively engage broadly diverse student populations.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Applications will continue to be reviewed until the position is filled.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. For questions regarding this position, please contact Chris GauthierDickey at email@example.com.
Salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover letter that includes what courses and areas you are especially interested and qualified to teach.
- Curriculum Vitae indicating teaching experience.
- Course evaluations (if applicable)
- A one-page diversity statement that includes information about how you will advance our inclusive excellence commitment through your teaching and service.
- Names and contact information of three references.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.