The Division of Marketing & Communications (MarComm) speaks with a unified, authentic and resonant voice to strategically advance the University of Denver's brand with four goals in mind:
- To promote and protect DU's reputation
- To inspire students to enroll and engage
- To increase inclusion
- To strengthen the University
MarComm aims to strengthen DU's strategic position locally, regionally and nationally through data-driven and authentic storytelling across multiple channels with focused support on the University's value drivers: academics and research; enrollment and admissions, athletics and advancement.
Whether through public or media relations, digital strategies, social media, print, podcast, issues or crisis management, community relations or thought leadership and training, MarComm drives results through narratives that involve words, pictures and design. With true understanding of and connection with our diverse audiences, we aim to foster collaborative problem solving, creativity and innovation.
The Jr. Project Coordinator will be a day-to-day coordinator and system administrator on projects requiring cross-functional team collaboration to ensure that marketing and communications tasks are completed within established time frame and workflow. Overseeing the execution of assigned projects requested by University partners and stakeholders, the position in question will coordinate actions in the divisional project management software system to ensure timelines, workflows and project tasks are accounted for and managed.
- Administer the Workfront system and set up project tasks, workflows and timelines to help drive a project forward.
- Assist all team leads to ensure that project plan/tasks are accurately detailed and assigned within Workfront.
- Collaborate with staff, and stakeholders to make appropriate updates in Workfront system regarding assignments, permissions, seats, date changes, task updates, dependencies, scope changes, etc.
- Ensure workflows and interface has a smooth and logical user experience for stakeholders.
- Helps to communicate to team leads when tasks are at risk.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to efficiently and tactically plan tasks, assignments, dependencies, workflows and timelines in the Workfront system.
- Works harmoniously with fellow employees.
- Ability to think logically and strategically.
- Ability to ensure that tasks stay on track by monitoring Workfront and ensuring tasks are set up correctly.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, drive and good organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum of two years of professional experience with one year of experience in project coordination in a Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Creative Services Media, Digital, Events, and/or Space Design setting.
- Experience using Workfront.
- Experience setting up different project methodologies within Workfront including waterfall/Gantt, Agile or Kanban.
- Systems administration certification (e.g., IEEE, CompTIA Network+, Cisco).
- AWS Certified DevOps
- Experience with Configuration Management tools, such as Puppet, Chef, and Ansible.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Deployment Tools, such as Jenkins.
- Experience monitoring network activity and network traffic redirection. Familiarity with proxy implementations (e.g. iptables, mod proxy, digital certificates etc.).
- Experience with DevOps concepts including Continuous Delivery, Infrastructure as Code, and Behavior and/or Test Driven Development.
- IT project management experience.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Monday, January 11, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 8.
The salary range for this position is $50,000/annually.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.